Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hopechristian38 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2011, 10:49 AM
    Labor pains
    My daughter has been having lower back pain and cramping in her lower back and being sick at her stomach like she needed to throw up, last Tuesday she went to see her doctor but was seen only by nurse. They checked her then and said she was dialated 1/2 a cm. This moring she woke up needing to throw up and went to the bathroom and threw up a lot one time, since then she has been having lower back pain that rarely goes away and when it does it comes back again. She saw tiny bright silverish/white lights that swam in front of her eyes. My question is could she be having labor in her lower back and be dialating more? This is her 1st child. Should she call her doctor or go to the hospital? How many women out of 100 experience labor pains in their lower back? Thanks for any advice or help.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Dec 4, 2011, 11:40 AM
    Has she had any health concerns in her pregnancy? Has the back pain/cramping/nausea continued since Tuesday or had it just started up again this morning? Back pain in labor is fairly common. Some women will feel more discomfort in their backs when in labor.

When in doubt, she should give her doctor's office a call and speak to the doctor or midwife on call. Could be the early onset of labor... some women do experience some nausea, vomiting, and/or diarrhea in early labor. They will likely want her to go in for another assessment.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Very painful upper left side sharp pains along with left shoulder pains. [ 3 Answers ]

Im a 20 year old woman with left side sharp pains. I recently just got put on the depo- shot (birth control) on this side of my body. But that's was 3 weeks before the pain started. I have been having my period for over 2 months now with only a 5 day brake I'm not too sure if this have anything too...

Chest Pains/Breast Pains [ 2 Answers ]

My breathing is fine, but my chest area hurts sometimes .. Im not fully sure if its my breasts or chest, it feels like both sometimes .. I had sex 4 days after my period, unprotected !x But I know I can't be pregnant, even though i get my monthly after every 42 days for 7 days .. I have purple,...

Labor Pains for her and ME! [ 5 Answers ]

My cat is in labor, She was a barn cat when I got her and has had a few litters of kittens from what I understand. She has had one litter since I got her, and is having her second. She has had some discharge on her backside since yesterday but no kittens, she is acting like she is in labor, but...

Cramps that feel as bad as labor pains with pink discharge [ 3 Answers ]

I am 41. My last period was April 2, 08. For the last 4-5 days I have had cramping in my upper legs like I was going to start my period, which never came. Finally, today, the cramping started and then proceeded into my lower abdomen, worsening and worsening to the point where I could not...

Pre-Labor pains [ 2 Answers ]

I live about 45 minutes (good timing) from my hospital. My husband works 12 hours a day 7 days a week. I am currently 7.5 months pregnant & was wondering what to do if I were to go in labor???? Do I call a ambulance to take me to MY hospital? Do I get them to take me to any hospital? Do I drive...

View more questions Search