Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jdiane Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2011, 09:45 AM
    Block walls sweat under sheetrock?
    Will cinder block walls sweat under sheetrock? I am looking at a little house that has been recently remodeled. I do not know if any insulation was put between the sheetrock and block. Aluminum siding was installed outside. New windows and trim was installed. New flooring (carpet) was put in. Will this house sweat and be a mold hazard?

Check out some similar questions!

Do copper pipes sweat when inside solid brick walls? [ 2 Answers ]

We have solid brick walls throughout the house and certain parts of the walls are bubbled looking like rising damp.We have copper pipes inside the walls and I was wondering if these can sweat and cause the bubbling on the plaster. We have gone into the wall to investigate but cannot find a leak....

How can you finish interior cinder block walls in a basement without using sheetrock? [ 8 Answers ]

I want to finish a basement(new construction) that has cinderblock walls. However I do not want to use sheetrock. Are there other alternatives?

Is sheetrock necessary for basement walls [ 2 Answers ]

Is sheetrock necessary for basement walls if I plan to install built in shelving and cabinets? Right now I have the walls down to the studs on poured concrete walls. I was going to put insulation between the studs and attach shelving directly on the studs. Is this okay? I would appreciate any tips.

How dry should walls be before sheetrock? [ 6 Answers ]

We are building a detached shop building, and do not have the permanent heating system installed yet. The exterior siding is on, and the interior walls have been insulated. The roof trusses are still open. We recently began heating with a kerosene heater, with windows open and several large box...

Sheetrock Bathroom Walls [ 4 Answers ]

I am finishing a bathroom in my basesment. The tub surround has a rough edge I need to put the sheetrock against. How do I tie these two items together?

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.