Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    medic5983 Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Dec 4, 2011, 08:43 AM
    Jeep problems
    I have a 1991 jeep wrangler YJ with the jeep 2.5L motor. I just rebuilt it and now when you start it it runs rough idles very rough at first then dies. When driving as you first take off from a stop it isis very rough until your rpm gets above 2000 it is very rough once it tachs above 2000 it runs great. I have had checked and rechecked and taken it a mechanic who has also checked and rechecked everything. So far it has new plugs wires, distributor
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Dec 4, 2011, 09:09 AM
    Well, without checking it myself, I can only throw a guess out there at you. It sounds to me like there is a vacuum leak there somewhere. Usually the symptoms you describe are caused by vac leaks. It could be a hose, it could be intake... check everything.
    medic5983 Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Dec 4, 2011, 06:27 PM
    Replaced all the van lines and have already checked for leaks by hand and by gauge there isn't one. Intake, timing, injectors are all good, I have 142.6 lbs pressure exactly in all 4 cyl. I've replaced all the sensors. All hoses and lines have been replaced
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Dec 4, 2011, 07:46 PM
    I would replace the Ignition Control Module (ICM). Super easy and cheap on that vehicle. Only use the called for Champion spark plugs (no substitutes).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

94 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo trany problems [ 2 Answers ]

My Jeep won't shift into overdrive. It has almost 300k miles on it and was rebuilt at 155k miles. What do I need to do?

My 1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo is having driver side window problems. [ 0 Answers ]

My 1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo is having driver side window problems. The left side of the window seems to be getting stuck. This is causing the window to tilt and fall out of place. The track that is supposed to hold the window is still moving up and down. I have also checked the side tracks...

1999 Jeep Wrangler starting/running problems [ 1 Answers ]

I started having problems starting my 99 Jeep wrangler when I went with my daughter to the hardware store and came out to find that it would crank but not start. Looked at everything I could think of and realized that I had no gauge readings. Ignition tumbler was already worn out - could pull the...

1987 jeep cherokee 4.0 liter problems [ 1 Answers ]

My husband's 1987 jeep cherokee dies while driving, has a 'chugging' idle, and doesn't want to start. We had the oxygen sensor (I think), radiator, starter, fuel filter, fuses, and spark plugs all replaced. Any suggestions? Thank you!

View more questions Search