Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kinkyfish Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2011, 10:03 AM
    1 year old furnace with limit switch fault
    Nordyne KG7SA 072C. Turned on for the first time this season and it started up, produced flame, and then shuts down with the green status light flashing which the manual states "open limit switch fault" The whole process before it shuts down is less then 5 minutes. All during this time, I do not feel any air movement at the vent(s).

Thanks,

Nick
    kinkyfish Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2011, 10:42 AM
    Some additional information after more investigation. The fan never starts during this process which I would guess causes the shutdown. It worked all summer with the AC. I felt the back of the fan motor, and it is extremely hot to the touch.

Thanks,

Nick

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Carrier furnace: limit switch fault furnace has ignition but blower will not come on? [ 2 Answers ]

Board says it is a limit switch fault Furace goes into pre ignition, fan comes on and sometimes even the main burner ignites, but the blower will not come on... is this the blower motor or could this be a switch somewhere?

Causes of Open Limit Switch Fault? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a brand new Gibson (Nordyne KG7SK-072C-24B) Gas Furnace that was just installed two days ago. After less than 24 hours, it stopped providing any heat, but instead blows only cold air. The blower will not shut off unless I turn off the electrical disconnect for the entire system. The...

Furnace limit switch? [ 0 Answers ]

Where can I find this 1950's fan switch in the year 2011? Picture attached. It sticks closed until I remove the sensor on back.

Rheem XE 80 "high temp limit switch" fault [ 1 Answers ]

On my Rheem XE 80 downdraft gas furnace, I'm getting intermittent heat. Getting error code of 4 blinks on the single red LED, which means "high temp limit open". The purge fan has been cleaned (it was very dirty) and the vacuum line to the vacuum switch is not plugged. Vacuum switch itselfs...

Furnace Limit Switch [ 6 Answers ]

I have Bryant upright furnace (Model 394GAW048100). Furnce runs fine for the first 4 or minutes in a cycle and then gas is cut automatically while the pilot is still on. After a few seconds, the gas again comes on and Furnace works fine for about 30 seconds, again gas is cut and so on. I changed...

View more questions Search