Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MurphyBuddy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2011, 10:11 PM
    How dangerous is it to keep a dog on a diet of rice & cottage cheese?
    Our 14-yr-old Westie recently had a bad reaction to a medication for skin allergies (common here in Hawaii). This happened a month ago. Aside from almost losing him altogether, he lost a lot of weight. He won't eat his usual Beneful dog food. (His poop has been abnormally liquidy for over a year now.) Tonight I gave him some leftover white rice mixed with cottage cheese and he ate like there's no tomorrow. I was so thrilled he was eating, I gave him a second helping, and he scarfed that down too. How dangerous is it to keep him on this diet?
    Ccotter Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 26, 2011, 04:26 AM
    The rice will be all right but can you eat veg or some form of meat - the cheese is a bit dangerous over a period, as it's not something that is naturally found in their diet. The odd egg in his diet would help his skin conditions. My dogs use to get bored of their diet - so change is a good thing. But too much at once could cause issues - much as it is great to see him eating - if he isn't use to it - I would be wary.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is Cottage Cheese okay for dogs? [ 22 Answers ]

HI Everyone and Happy Holidays, I was at a family function yesterday and someone just adopted a beautiful beagle from a rescue home. Their vet told them it is good to give the dog cottage cheese mixed in with her food for protein. Is this good? I am asking as I would love to mix...

Dogs and cottage cheese. [ 4 Answers ]

Hello I have a mixed breed puppy, he is a lab,poodle,malamute,and a bordercollie. He is 5 months and I am feeding him holistic dog food called actrium 1, and am wondering if I can feed him cottage cheese mixed with his food everyday, He won't eat his dry dog food unless he has wet food mixed...

Dogs and cottage cheese [ 4 Answers ]

Is it OK to mix my dogs dry food with cottage cheese?

Substitutes for cottage cheese [ 3 Answers ]

Hi.My name is veronda from zambia africa. Please assist me with the substitute for cottage cheese because I can't find any here. There is just mozerella, cheddar, gouda chezzes in the stores.

Substitute for cottage cheese [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone know a substitute for cottage cheese? I live in Morocco, They don't have it here. Thanks zaydosmom

View more questions Search