Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    roliemu Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2011, 09:08 PM
    I'm replacing a 23 year old manual Honeywell thermostat with a new digital Honeywell
    I'm replacing a 23 year old manual Honeywell thermostat with a new digital Honeywell thermostat model RTH111. The old thermostat has two wires (colors white and red) but no designation on the terminals. This is for a hot water baseboard gas fired boiler.

Which terminals do these unmarked wires connect to on the RTH111? The terminals are marked O/B, Y, RC, R, G, W

Thanks,

Roy
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Dec 2, 2011, 09:43 PM
    R and W,
    Turn off power/breaker,to boiler before installing, then back on

Just wondering if the old honeywell still working, why change it

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replacing Honeywell LR69071 thermostat with Honeywell TH8320U1008 [ 4 Answers ]

I thought the transfer of wiring would be intuitive, but I was clearly mistaken. I have a heat pump with an aux electric furnace. Current connections are (by color) X - blue W2 - white R - red G- green O - orange Y - yellow E - brown Can anyone tell me where these should connect on the...

Replacing White-Rodgers Thermostat with Honeywell Digital [ 7 Answers ]

I am replacing a 13 yr. old White-Rodgers Mechanical thermostat (couldn't find model # on website) with a Honeywell 5-1-1 Digital thermostat. The wiring was as follows for White-Rodgers: Green = G Yellow = Y White = W Red = RH jumpered to RC The Honeywell has terminals for

Old Honeywell thermostat - not digital [ 1 Answers ]

You have the temp setting at 70 degrees.. some cold air comes out but 2 hours later the room temp reads 80 degrees on Honeywell , Also have a room thermostat that reads 76 degrees, do I need add'l freon or the thermostat needs replacing.

Replacing Honeywell mercury with digital [ 2 Answers ]

I need someone to please please please let me know first what model this is from honeywell. It does have both EM and Aux heat. The system is electric with a Heat Pump. Main heater/blower unit is York, and the pump is a newer Carrier. My goal is to buy one of the newer Honeywell digital...

Honeywell digital thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

Blinking house with #2 inside this picture, what does this represent/mean?

View more questions Search