Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cbuethe Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2011, 07:50 PM
    Gibson gas furnace is occasionally keeping house warmed to thermostat temperature
    New thermostat in the last month and the furnace keeps up the same problem, air conditioner works fine, have to set thermostat around 75-80 to keep house around 70.
    drtom4444 Posts: 3,282, Reputation: 145
    Ultra Member

Dec 3, 2011, 03:51 AM
    Check the anticipator setting. It sounds like it is set too high (heat). If it's electronic ignore this. Also, you need to check the location because that affects it greatly. It must be 3 feet from an exterior wall and from any false heat source. A cold draft will make it come on too much and a heat source like a lamp will make it act like it is now. I bet you did not need a new t-stat. DrTom4444

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gas Furnace Blower/Fan Occasionally Keeps Running [ 5 Answers ]

Please bear with me as I know little if anything about heaters but am patient when it comes to sorting through a home repair problem, handy with tools and can follow directions. I have a 25 year old central forced air gas furnace. According to the label inside, it is a Carrier model number...

Gibson Gas Furnace is not working [ 1 Answers ]

Gibson gas furnace model number kg6ra060c-12 is not working. The red light is blinking four times. Cannot locate the manual can you help?

My gibson gas furnace is blowing cold air not heat [ 0 Answers ]

My gibson gas furnace is blowing cold air. I turned the unit off and on and adjusted the thermostat. Still cold air is blowing

I have a gas fired house heater water circulating making bump sound occasionally [ 2 Answers ]

I have a gas fired house heater water circulating making bump sound occasionally. We have never heard it before this few days. When I heard it, I went and listened and it was not during firing, but possibly right after or at shutoff, because everything was very warm. Should I be concerned? Any...

I am getting a continuous blinking red light from my gibson gas furnace [ 1 Answers ]

The blower comes on but no ignition and no flame to heat up my home. I see a continuous blinking red light. Please help..

View more questions Search