Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kcurtismc Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2011, 06:57 PM
    Toilet bowl fills quickly when flushed and doesn't hold water?
    HELP! Our toilet is at least 15 yrs old - maybe much older. Several months ago, it developed a slow leak around the base. My husband replaced the seal (twice) but it continues to have a slow, small leak. No signs of a crack or other issues... a small towel around the base has temporarily worked. Tonight, we noticed there was very little water in the bowl even though it wasn't flushed. When we flush it, the bowl quickly fills up to the seat level with water. Once the toilet stops running/flushing, the water slowly drains out so that the water level is VERY low. It's the only toilet we have! HELP!
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Dec 3, 2011, 07:04 AM
    Sounds to me that you have a hidden crack in the bowl. This could be caused by something dropped in it or even a manufactures defect from years ago.
    Sorry but this calls for a replacement. Pull the old toilet and install a new one. Good luck. Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My toilet flushes and fills up the bowl and then slowly drains the water. [ 4 Answers ]

Flushes great just will not hold water in the bowl after flushing.

Toilet bowl that won't hold water, started with slow toilet, now non flushing [ 1 Answers ]

What started as a slow toilet, now non flushing except 1-2 times in morning, has turned into a toilet bowl that won't hold water but the tank still does. The tub is first on the line, then the toilet, then 30' to septic tank. Snaked through the vent, got a lot of greasy goo, but still toilet...

Toilet bowl fills after I shut off and on the water valve [ 6 Answers ]

My toilet bowl won't fill after I flush it. However I can get it to fill by turning off the water valve and then turning it back on. Can someone help me? Thanks!

Water in the toilet bowl disappears and upstairs will fills with foul odor [ 2 Answers ]

We have a 2 story home with a bathroom that has a shower and toilet upstairs. The upstairs bathroom is not used very much or sporadically at best. Every 3-4 months the water in the toilet will disappear and the whole upstairs will fill with a very foul odor. (The tank still has water in it.) When...

Water in toilet bowl rises high & drains quickly [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there, After flushing the water rises high like it is going to overflow then drains out. The water in the tank is at the proper level. This has been happening intermittingly. Thank you for your time. Saundra

View more questions Search