Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    anohwhen Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2011, 05:16 PM
    Forced Air Furnace Blower Turns On and Off During Heat Cycle
    Hello!

I have a Lennox furnace that is approximately 10 years old. When the thermostat calls for heat, the ignitor lights and after a few seconds, a flame ignites across. After a few more seconds the blower comes on. However, after a few more seconds the blower turns off. The blower continues to 'cycle' in this matter a couple more times until, I believe a limit switch is activated causing the gas to the burner to cease. I also attempted to run the blower in the 'on' position continuously without the thermostat calling for the furnace to come on. It came normally, but again shut off after several seconds... probably about 30-45.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Anne

Check out some similar questions!

Our furnace blower continues to blow - cold air - after a heat cycle - help? [ 5 Answers ]

We have replaced the filters and the limit control. Didn't help.

Payne forced air furnace blower will not turn on [ 3 Answers ]

When my heat would not come on, I thought it may be the pilot light. I followed the instructions and the furnace fired up. However, when the blower would normally start, the unit turns off the burner. The diagnostic light inside the unit indicates "blower circuit open". Is this something that I...

Cut opening in cold air return to allow alternative heat through forced air furnace? [ 4 Answers ]

I have a wood burning stove heating up my basement but the heat can't get to the upstairs because of the home design. I can't cut openings in the basement ceiling (upstairs floor) for the heat to just rise, so I am thinking about cutting a vent in the cold air return duct downstairs so I can just...

Letting blower on forced air heat run 24/7? [ 2 Answers ]

Is it better to let the blower on a forced air natural gas furnace run 24/7 even when the heat has reached the correct temp? I heard if you continue to circulate the air you use less fuel. Does the electrictity use cancell the fuel savings?

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.