Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bubbleblower163 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2007, 07:16 PM
    I really need to know what this means.
    What does the term "give it time" mean? Meaning like.. if something's wrong in a friendship and you don't know how to fix it.. and I'm trying to say "we should just give it time".. what does it entail? What do we do while we 'give it time'?
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Feb 9, 2007, 07:23 PM
    "Give it time" "giving it time" means stepping back and allowing nature to take it's course. It means allowing some personal space, backing off and cooling off the relationship. Perhaps continuing in the relationship but not so intense. It could also involve allowing yourself and the other person to explore options in the relationship. Do you want to see someone else? Does he? Do you need some time to sort out feelings and emotions? Does he? "Giving it time" involves respecting the other person's need for reflection.

It does not mean that the relationship is over but it does propose a change in the way it is going. It is not negative. It can be healthy for both of you.
    bayshire Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2007, 11:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbleblower163
    what does the term "give it time" mean? meaning like.. if somethings wrong in a friendship and you don't know how to fix it..and im trying to say "we should just give it time"..what does it entail? what do we do while we 'give it time'?
    The term give it time means that you have to just wait be patient and see how things turn out others words don't plan for the future and just go with the tide you might be surprised how good things turn out for just being yourself
    keenu Posts: 114, Reputation: 9

Mar 27, 2007, 04:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbleblower163
    what does the term "give it time" mean? meaning like.. if somethings wrong in a friendship and you don't know how to fix it..and im trying to say "we should just give it time"..what does it entail? what do we do while we 'give it time'?
    It means to wait things out until something changes... or doesn't.
    It means don't be quick to give up on something.
    Give something time to become what it is and not just what it appears to be at first.
    jessincali Posts: 23, Reputation: 4

Apr 3, 2007, 08:42 PM
    Give it time just means back off for a while. I do agree with the other people posting, that generally this is used to result in a positive connotation. However, in relationships, does "giving it time" really mean you are right for each other? I understand the cooling off period - but if someone needs to get away from you can cannot work through it with you - are they really your friend? There is a point (although each situation is different) where too much time means you should not continue.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Plain flour means [ 1 Answers ]

HI What does a plain flour mean.. is it rice flour?

This means she like me better than likes me right. [ 7 Answers ]

Okay so for about 4 months now I'm been going out with this girl. The thing is I had to lie to her parents and she as to lie to her parents about my name. Cause they found out that I took her and her friend somewhere to have a drink. Where all minors, anyway the other girl blabbed her mouth and...

This means nothing to me... [ 3 Answers ]

"Oh Vienna..." so sang Midge Your,and Ultravox in 1981.Odd then that with Windows Vista,due for release Xmas 2006,that Redmond and co,are already working on the next OS. It's code name is Vienna.I checked a reputable link,to see if it was a joke: ...

Do not know what this message means, can you help? [ 35 Answers ]

*Good afternoon: I need some help to solve these problems on my computer. I tried to copy and paste into this forum but for I was unable to do this function. Is this possible here? And how do I do it. It might not matter because I have typed what the pop boxes indicate. There are 4 boxes...

Computers: It means what? [ 5 Answers ]

512MB DDR RAM 266Mhz (2x256MB) Does this mean that if I choose this option 266Mhz will be ADDED to my computer? And can your RAM get less on a computer? Thanks, Conrad

View more questions Search