Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    notredame5311 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2007, 06:27 PM
    Underage Marriage
    If both me and my girlfriend are seventeen is there anywhere we could go to get married without parental consent? Or if just my parents will consent?
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Feb 9, 2007, 06:45 PM
    Are you in the United States?
    MrsHarris Posts: 2, Reputation: 0

Feb 18, 2007, 09:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by notredame5311
    If both me and my girlfriend are seventeen is there anywhere we could go to get married without parental consent? Or if just my parents will consent?
    If you are both under 18, you each need parental consent... or to be emancipated. EACH
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 18, 2007, 09:20 PM
    Ok, first you can't leave your state to get married underage, so you have to meet your state rules.

So basically you both have to wait a year or get your parents to sign for you

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Underage marriage [ 28 Answers ]

I am 15 years old and I have a boyfriend who is 21 years old. Can he get in trouble if we try to get married?( I have a baby)

International Marriage in military.. Could Divorce... What do I do to save our marriage [ 7 Answers ]

My husband is in Germany serving the US Army and since November 14, 2005 he has been gone. I was supposed to go over there with him but yet to go. He says that he wants a divorce and when I try to get the real true reason out of him nothing works all he says is that I know why but deep down I have...

Underage drinking [ 3 Answers ]

Well my boyfriend and I were talking last night and we got into a fight about underage drinking. I just want to know can't you get arrested underage drinking? I told him that you can get arrested for underage drinking but he didn't believe me...

Dating underage [ 3 Answers ]

Can a 18 yr old date a 15 yr old in GA? :mad:

Underage Consumption Citation [ 5 Answers ]

I received a citation last year, in Murfreesboro TN, and the probation is over in march. While getting a ride home a few nights ago, we were pulled over. My friend, who was driving, told the cop that he had been drinking, the other passenger as well as I told the other officer we had not been...

View more questions Search