Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jayboy Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2007, 04:10 PM
    Email sending takes forever
    When I send an e mail with out ex 6 with a photo it takes 20 minutes to send. Sending text e mails are fine. Is this normal?
    Lord_Darkclaw Posts: 295, Reputation: 38

Feb 9, 2007, 04:40 PM
    No, it shouldn't take long - it takes a couple of minutes to upload the photos for sending, but once they are ready to send, they won't take much longer than a regular email.

I have no idea why it's not working properly.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Feb 9, 2007, 04:42 PM
    Really depends on the size of the attachment, photos can be VERY large, and your connections upload rate, normally around 2-300k for DSL

Jay, what speed is your connection as this maybe the root of your problems ?
    jayboy Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2007, 03:15 PM
    56kpbs:confused:
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Feb 11, 2007, 03:38 PM
    So you are on a dial up connection and you are wondering why it takes along time to send e-mail attachments.

Due to your low upload speed this is to be expected.
    There is very little that you can do to improve this situation, barring upgrading to DSL/Cable.
    A text only mail is a few K in size, but once you start adding atachments the size gets bigger quickly.
    A digital photo can be anything up to a few MEG in size. Now trying to send a large file on dial up WILL take a long time.
    The only thing you could do would be to reduce the size of your attachments, but even this isn't really a solution.

I hope this makes things clearer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sending photos via email [ 4 Answers ]

Recipients have difficulty opening photo attachments or say they take whole page or 2 pages. My OS is Windows SE, 500Mhz, 191Mb Ram, 14 GB available hard drive, have comcast cable and Outlook Express 6.0 Isave photos as jpg files, either scanning in or using card reader for my memory card from my...

Sending email [ 2 Answers ]

Until recently I have been able to open "My documents"- double click on a picture or file and then be able to click on: file-send-page by email. Then I could send from my isp address to my hotmail and Yahoo accounts. I am no longer able to do this. I am not sure what or how it was changed. I have...

Sending music through email [ 1 Answers ]

How do we send a song to friend through email?

Email sending problem [ 2 Answers ]

I have been unable to send emails for some time. I'm using windowsxp with avg anti-virus also ad-aware and a spyhunter program. My isp.(tesco) advised that avg was the problem, but disabling same made no difference. I have a feeling in attempting to send a number of photos I blocked my out-going...

Sending attachments in email [ 2 Answers ]

I scanned an article to a friend in email. It came through way too large in the body of her letter. When she tried clicking onto the pprclip to copy, nothing happened. What needs to be done on my end when I send an attachment so my scans show up normal printable size in the body of emails? I...

View more questions Search