Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 2, 2011, 04:01 PM
    Your credit report has NOTHING to do with the judgment. You need to give us details about how you got the judgment and whether you may owe that creditor or not.
    patrickkk Posts: 25, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2011, 04:06 PM
    Providing national bank gave me a credit card for a 1,000 the interest went up to 7,9000

I wasn't there to defend myself I never receive a affidavit but somebody had to sign I no. but it wasn't me

By the way I really operate your time THANKS

Dec 2, 2011, 07:17 PM
    Appriate
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Dec 3, 2011, 07:40 AM
    You don't have to sign - a responsible adult has to accept the papers. It would have been (minimally) a Summons. I own/operate a process service company so I'm not just guessing.

If you have an argument that service was improper get a copy of the Affidavit of Service, go to Court and appeal the decision. Personally I think you'll lose because it WAS valid service - and you apparently were aware of the matter.

Dec 3, 2011, 11:44 AM
    How do I find out how long the judgment is good for and can I request the court papers from the law firm
    Uber Member

Dec 3, 2011, 11:46 AM
    Request the "Court papers" from the Court.

The Judgment is "usually" for 10 years, renewable for another 10. I believe you are in NY - ?

Dec 3, 2011, 11:58 AM
    Yes I'm sorry to keep bothering you but to you think I should just call them this really got me nervous
    Uber Member

Dec 3, 2011, 12:19 PM
    No, I think you should go to Court, sign whatever documents they require, ask for a copy of the file or papers or whatever you are looking for, pay their fees - and then you will have copies.

Calling them will accomplish nothing. The law firm may or may not be cooperative - but at this point they have a Judgment and have no need to deal with you.

As a side note what do you expect to find in the paperwork that will make a difference in the Judgment? If someone accepted service, you were served. You should have been aware of the Court date. You appear to have done nothing.

Now there's a Judgment and it's really too late to do much.

Dec 3, 2011, 12:27 PM
    I can't sit around and way to see if my car is gone I'm looking out my window every 5 minutes

Dec 3, 2011, 12:36 PM
    One more thing how do I find out what court

Dec 3, 2011, 12:40 PM
    Well there is nothing you can do until Monday morning when you can go to the court. You really need to read the advice you have been given and take action. For example, I told you, if the car is not in your name, they can't legally, seize it.

Dec 3, 2011, 01:00 PM
    All right no more thing how do I find out what court to go to
    Uber Member

Dec 3, 2011, 01:12 PM
    I give up. Scott, it's your turn.

Dec 3, 2011, 01:57 PM
    You should have some paperwork telling you about the judgment. That's where you should find the court and docket info.

Dec 3, 2011, 02:02 PM
    Hey I went to court found my case what does it mean when it says case status disposed

Dec 3, 2011, 02:41 PM
    Today is Sat! How did you go to court?

Dec 3, 2011, 02:52 PM
    No its online court tells finds your case I found it it's a civil case and it says index number lawyer name everything and case status disposed what does it mean

Dec 3, 2011, 03:03 PM
    I found it on this page one of the sites said to go to e court to see if you have a default judgment

Dec 3, 2011, 03:14 PM
    Just found out more there was a disposition date in 2007.it says jury demand no juge name no

Dec 3, 2011, 03:27 PM
    It probably means the case was disposed of via a default judgment.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I owe credit card for $6000 and the credit card company subpoena me? [ 7 Answers ]

What should I do? I'm currently unemployed but I have money in my 401k. I offered the credit company $100 per month but they don't want to accept it. Will the judge give me a judgement to take my 401 k or will the judge accept my offer of $100 per mont? Please advise.

Being sued for credit card debt by law firm representing credit card company [ 7 Answers ]

Well, its happened. I have received a summons for a credit card debt by law firm. I have to go to the county court house to talk with the clerk... (not sure what will happen,never been sued before)If I don't go within 20 days, they say they will start proceedings to garnishing my wages. I do owe...

Problems in not paying a Corporate credit card and also a personal credit card [ 1 Answers ]

1. We are the main share holders in a "S" corp. The corporation is not longer doing business but have an outstanding credit card balance. We are making the mim payments but will not be able any longer. What can be done to us if we stop paying. 2. We also used a personal credit card for this...

Credit Card Jugement Against Me [ 16 Answers ]

I have three different account with BOA. Now, I have one judgement against me. My bank accounts get frozen. I still have one bank account active. Will they frozen my other account later. Should I take all the money out first? The lawyer offer me 65% settlement , they will not waive the...

View more questions Search