Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dionnemarie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2011, 09:39 PM
    Is there a fee you can charge being a power of attorney?
    Is there a fee you can charge for being a power attorney?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 30, 2011, 09:42 PM
    What duties are you doing, in general you only sign if they are not available, and can not decide anything against their wishes. More often it is a family member.

Example I gave my son a limited power of attorney to do a real estate probate issue for me in another state.

Any fee would have to be discussed and agreed to by the person who has given you that power, you could not charge anything without their permission,
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Dec 1, 2011, 04:48 AM
    The short answer is yes. There can be an administrative fee if the power of attorney is in effect and being used. Normally it isn't much if you're a family member.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fee to be a power of attorney [ 2 Answers ]

I am the POA for my father in-law while he is locked up. In the POA it says that the agent (that would be me) should be reasonable compensated for there time, travel, and any other expenses. I am just wondering what is reasonable in MD?

California - Attorney Fees - Fee Waiver [ 2 Answers ]

State of California, County of Amador. I am petitioner. Family Law case. I was granted a Fee Waiver and I have not retained an attorney. Respondent has retained an attorney and (in response to my petition) is requesting that I pay Respondent's attorney fees. How do I respond? Is there a...

Anyone know of an attorney that will (for a fee) prepare a pro se case? [ 4 Answers ]

Does anyone know of any attorneys that will (for a fee) help you with your specific case? I live in Georgia and am being sued by a debt collector (they are a debt buyer). I received a summons a couple of days ago to answer to their complaint. I found a website of a semi-retired attorney in my...

Fee for being Power of Attorney [ 5 Answers ]

A sister and myself are co-power of attorney for another sister. Can we charge a fee? If so, how much? Does this vary by state? The POA was done in Pennsylvania. Thanks

Is it legal for TX apts to charge late fee PLUS concession fee? [ 2 Answers ]

I have lived in my apt complex going on 5 years. Last month I was late paying my rent a couple of days because I was out of town on business. When I got back and called to get the total amount due, it was an outrageously high amount of money. When I asked him to break down the charges, he said...

View more questions Search