Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bhive1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2011, 08:22 PM
    Smell in old dresser
    We bought an old dresser and it smells very musty. Kind of like a bad motel smell. We have washed it with Lysol cleaner and also have tried ammonia. They didn't help. Any ideas?
    pattyg2 Posts: 480, Reputation: 27

Jan 19, 2012, 10:57 AM
    Try putting a pan with charcoal briquets in the drawers. Also baking soda should absorb the smell. I spray any old furniture with drawers with straight extra-stength white vinegar... will kill any mold.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bad Sewer with horriable smell of gas fumes and sour smell ,toilet smell.unit [ 2 Answers ]

I live in a low rental, had complained since I have moved in on, June,26/2010... have called city of winnipeg was told private property. Called the water waste line.. they did nothing and the smell is still in the unit. The development, was build in 2007.. the air vents where the heat comes from,...

Remove mothball smell from antique dresser [ 1 Answers ]

How do you remove moth ball odor from an antique dresser?

Dresser draw does not come out [ 1 Answers ]

I have a copeland dresser that is not very old. The drawers will not come out. I noticed there is a slanted wood piece once the drawer is pulled to a short dowel on each side. I do not know how to get it out and I need to move this beautiful piece of furniture.

Dresser drawers- Can't get them out. [ 5 Answers ]

We're shopping for bedroom furniture after a fire and found a set we like that's in the range Allstate gave us (cheap). We really do like the set-- it goes with the trim and the style of that room, but we couldn't get the drawers out. I mean, they pull out so you can use them, but we couldn't...

View more questions Search