Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tfm0309 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2011, 04:52 PM
    Medium size company bankruptcy
    I am concerned that the medium size company which I now work for might declare bankruptcy... I have two questions: If they do declare bankruptcy, can they keep the money I've put into my 401k account ? Second, there are rumors in the company that the company is preventing recent retirees from accessing their money until they are 70.5... These rumors right now are just rumors... but, can they legally do this ? Thanks
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 30, 2011, 07:15 PM
    Normally the 401K is not keep by the company but by an investment group

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is Bridgeport Bankruptcy a legit company to file Bankruptcy with [ 7 Answers ]

Is Bridgeport Bankrupty online service a good company to file Bankruptcy. Are there any major reported complaints, like not filing Bankruptcy properly or at all.

How much would medium size angle wings on your lower sholders cost? [ 2 Answers ]

How much would medium size angle wings on your lower sholders cost?

Racoon or medium size animal [ 5 Answers ]

Every night I place my garbage in the back of my truck to take to the trash bin the next morning. Something is getting into the back of my truck and ripping the bag apart a strewing the garbage everywhere. I am constantly having to clean out the back of my truck. I refuse to leave my stinky garbage...

My business partner took out loans on the company and then filed bankruptcy. [ 2 Answers ]

My so called business partner took out some large loans on our corporation and now he is filing Ch 7 bankruptcy. I am told this will now be my responsibility to pay back. These loans were never agreed on and were done behind my back. He is the personal guarantor on all the loans. Can anyone...

Open a second company under bankruptcy [ 2 Answers ]

I'm a small business owner with IRS problems and now a creditor problem. My recievables equal both the IRS debt and the vender debt. The vender won a judgement against the company and my bank account has be levied $14,000.00. If I file for bankruptcy can I open up another company during the period...

View more questions Search