Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    soraya.n Posts: 54, Reputation: 5

Nov 30, 2011, 06:25 AM
    Changing G-mail address
    Hello.
    Will I still receive emails which are sent to my previous email address after changing my g-address?is there anyway I can make them refer to the new one?
    Please answer a.s.a.p. :) thanks
    cmeeks Posts: 754, Reputation: 64

Nov 30, 2011, 06:48 AM
    If you are dealing with most online email services like Gmail, Yahoo and HotMail you can forward one mail to the other. In Gmail go to email settings and the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab

Nov 30, 2011, 06:56 AM
    How is that supposed to help? does it mean that if someone sends an email to the previous address,it will be shown in the associated account's inbox?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 30, 2011, 07:00 AM
    Yes that is what the word "Forwarded" means. If they send it to the old address it will go to the new one.

I do not understand your comment, how is that suppose to help? Since the answer you were given is exactly the answer to your question.

Nov 30, 2011, 07:04 AM
    Thank you guys... and sorry!. but would u mind explaining more about that,please?. how can I activate those features?. thanks
    cmeeks Posts: 754, Reputation: 64

Nov 30, 2011, 10:38 AM
    Activating features varies from service provider to service provider most will have a help or FAQ page that will cover Forwarding I included a quick directions to gmail I do not use any other online mail service

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Joy manago e-mail address? [ 2 Answers ]

I have bought hugable hangers & am very pleased with them, however I have two (2) that have broken. Now I find out they have a one (1) year warranty. She does not tell you that on TV. Would like to find out what to do when they break. Does she not stand behind her product?

What is your E-mail address [ 1 Answers ]

I AM TRYING TO FIND THE E-mail address of freelotto.com

Someone's using my e-mail address [ 5 Answers ]

I have been getting e-mails from someone who has the use of my e-mail address. How can that happen? Her e-mails list her actual name and e-mail address (mine). How can I clear up this situation and keep my own e-mail which I have had for years, and not have the fear that someone is getting my...

Permanent e-mail address [ 7 Answers ]

Is there such a thing as a permanent e-mail address that one can get and just carry with them as they change providers. I have been through AOL, SBC, and now AT&T. Each time the address is changed, it presents problems. Someone mentioned to me that I can get a g-mail e-mail address and get...

Hacking a mail address [ 1 Answers ]

How do I hack a Yahoo e-mail id?

View more questions Search