Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sandr4m Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2007, 02:06 PM
    What should I do? I'm So Condused. Take your time to read
    I have been on brith control for two years. First I started with the patch then went to the pill orthro tryciclen. Since my work schedule is the same as the clinic where I get the pills from, I could not get a refill of the pill for the month of January. So all January I was not taking any type of birth control. My boyfriend an I did not have sex during that month until it was time for my period to come. On January 25 I had sex with my boyfriend. And it was also the day my period was supposed to come. Now it has been two weeks and I still don't see a sign of my period coming. But I took a pregnant. Test 4 days after and it was negative. Then a week after and it was negative. Then two weeks after and it was also negative. All of these test were done with morning urine. But I still don't get my period.I know that since I was taking birth control pills my period might be delay or not come at all. I already got the pills again and I want to start taking them again. But I don't know if I should wait and see if my period comes or should I just take it?? I do not have any pregnant. Symptoms the only symptom is not having a period. I went to the clinic so they could test me but they told me to wait until my next cycle. But I can't wait that long.. im going crazy :eek: What should I do?! Am I pregnant?? :confused:
    little_princess Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2007, 02:16 PM
    Ok, so to make you feel like you are not alone, I'm going to tell you that I have been in this situation twice!! I have also ended up PREGNANT twice =[ and had to have two abortions which I am not proud of... I wish I was smart enough to have stayed on my pill

The best advice I can give you is to keep taking tests every 2 weeks, even if you get a period. It is better to be on the safe side than end up being 3 months pregnant (like I was) and then having to get rid of a baby. It could be possible that the pregnancy hormone is not strong enough to show up yet, which is very likely in the early stages of pregnancy, which is why I didn't think I was pregnant the first time!! Symptoms of pregnancy don't necessarily happen to everyone, and if they do, they will also differ with the individual. I didn't have any symptoms until I was 3 months (when I finally realised) and all I had was the odd sick feeling and I threw up once.

Please don't dismiss this and just think "oh, maybe i didnt get pregnant" because although that is possible, I just hope you are aware of the decisions that have to be made if you are pregnant.

To solve the pill problem for the future, why not get the contraceptive implant? I have just had it done about 2 days ago and its great! It didn't hurt getting it put in my arm and it protects me for 3 years! The reason I got it was because I used to forget to take the pill with my busy schedule, just like you. There are other options such as the injection and the coil, but from what I've heard from family and friends, they weren't to happy with them.

I hope this has helped, and if you need any advice if you are pregnant, talk to me because I've been through it twice!!

Best of luck for you babe xxx
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 9, 2007, 02:50 PM
    It should be known that in the U.S. the implant has been recalled (if it is Norplant), so if you are in the U.S. you won't be able to get it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Dark brown lines going across my screen from time to time [ 10 Answers ]

I have a problem with my computer monitor, I have these brown horizontal lines that go across my screen sometimes (REALLY ANNOYING). I just replaced the video card so its not that, also if I hit the side of the monitor the lines go away:p Just wondering if there's anything I can do that can fix it!...

How to read her? [ 14 Answers ]

Hello, Well, this is my situation. I have known a girl very distantly for around two years, we were previously both in very long term relationships, but I always admired her from afar, and had a very platonic email correspondence with her. Anyway, recently I split from my girlfriend of 7...

Computer won't start up first time, but will second time [ 8 Answers ]

So this is a completely different computer first off. When I press the power button, everything powers up, but the computer does not post, or beep. If you leave the computer on for like 10 seconds, turn it off, and then turn it immediately back on, it turns on, posts, beeps, boots into Windows...

Part time or full time resident? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am a student in PA and spent about 3 months in New York during the summer for an internship. Since my primary domicile was still in PA (since I had to return for the next year of classes), am I a resident of PA for the full year or a part year resident? Likewise when I file state tax...

View more questions Search