Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nicolelynn2 Posts: 24, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2007, 01:40 PM
    I know a methadone user, and have a ?
    I know someone who takes methadone and takes like 2 or 3 a day, everyday sometimes every other day, and about once a week vomits violently... will this person be OK, or is there a risk involved.. this person has been taking methadone for a long long time
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 9, 2007, 01:42 PM
    Is this to get over a drug addiction or is there another reason for taking the methadone?

Feb 9, 2007, 01:46 PM
    Um... I believe from addiction to loritabs and oxycotins
    Expert

Feb 9, 2007, 01:50 PM
    How long is a long long time?

Feb 9, 2007, 01:52 PM
    Umm... for about a yr now
    Expert

Feb 9, 2007, 01:55 PM
    You should probably be concerned then as methodone can be addictive. Since it is a Central Nervous System Depressant there are very serious associated risks. You should talk to this person and find out what is going on rather than assuming anything.

Feb 9, 2007, 01:59 PM
    Well I have tried to talk to him, but he doesn't listen he says he knows his body, etc... doesn't listen... he says if he doesn't have them then he feels weak and sick, but yet he vomits really bad about 1 time a week... I guess my main concern is, can he die, and he would have by now I am thinking if he has been taking them for a yr now

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Methadone [ 21 Answers ]

I am currently under doctors care by being prescribed methadone. I understand that it is a long process in getting well by taking and getting off the methadone... 1. I was on heroin and tried all methods in getting off, but was methadone a right choice?. 2. Is there a percentage off people that...

User Name [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, While trying to change "change the way user login or logoff" in winxp the following error shows up "Client Service for Netware has disabled the Welcome Screen and Fast User Switching. To restore these features, you must uninstall Client Service for Netware" I tried right click on network...

Authorized user [ 4 Answers ]

I was made a authorized user by my daughter not even knowing about it.Then started getting phone calls from collection agency that I was responsible for the debt that has went unpaid. I explained I was only a authorized user not a co-signer and at the time the credit card was issued to my daughter...

View more questions Search