Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MichaelPicton Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2011, 07:12 AM
    Police Harassment! How do I sue the police station?
    I've had various run ins with the police after I picked up charges in 2010. They have watched my house, folllwed me, pulled me over, searching my car... This last time they came to my house when I was gone and impounded my car, they drug it down the street in park leaving a huge black mark down my road. In there case there was a "red 4 door car" that was there evidence to take my vehicle... What do I do? (personal info removed)
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 29, 2011, 07:15 AM
    Hello M:

I'm not going to call you. Hire a lawyer.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 29, 2011, 07:43 AM
    Are you on probation or parole, if so , you have fall less rights and they can stop and search you when they want.

Each case is different, yes a person with a criminal history will always be the first suspect ( unless it is a murder then it is the spouse) But on the stop and search the car, did they have a reason, did you do something ( honestly now) if so, you gave them the ability to do this. Tail light out, no seat belt, a sticker on the back window, something hanging from the mirror, I have used all of them as a reason to stop someone.

And your car, you can sue the tow company if they damaged your tires, That would have been a non professional tow, So you sue the towing company for that damage.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Police harassment [ 19 Answers ]

Is there a way to get the police to stop harassing my son? He is 16 years old now. A couple of years ago he got into some trouble and had to spend some time away from home. He has been home for about a year now, and has not been in trouble with the law for quite some time. Regardless, the cops...

Police Harassment and how to sue the police department in East Dublin, GA 31027? [ 4 Answers ]

Me and my friend have been harassed by the East Dublin Police for years. I was arrested in 2007 for a day and then I was release. I had a case where a young man stole from my Bank account and the police and the judge did not put this young man in prison. The young man is a hacker of the internet....

Why AsianMassage parlos near POlice station and police doesn't stop them? [ 2 Answers ]

I mean the ones where they provide sexual services. There is one right there close to sheriff station. They have a sign ssaying "MASSAGE" and it's easy to go there. But then I though police went after these kind of businesses. I even saw it on TV. I went insde just to investigate and I talked...

Can I sue a police department for harassment, slander, and defamation of character? [ 6 Answers ]

I own a local tattoo shop. We've been experiencing a tremendous decrease in business due to allegations and rumors that drugs are sold out of our studio. All allegations are false, and we have written and signed statements from a number of customers and other people of what officers in our...

View more questions Search