Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vmb8990 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2007, 12:13 PM
    Tax deed sale with a notice of lis pendens
    I reside in Florida and am interested in purchasing a property at a tax deed sale. I found on the property's title search that there was a notice of lis pendens filed on 1/31/2006 by the mortgage deed holders. However, there was never any more action taken to forclose on the property. If I do purchase this property at the auction will I be able to obtain a quit title inorder to sell the property or will the mortgage holders have a right to claim it?
    LO903 Posts: 7, Reputation: 3

Apr 19, 2007, 06:19 PM
    The lender has been notified of the upcoming sale, per Florida statutes... by intention or by accident, if they let it go (I believe they will redeem)... unless it is a government lien, it has no affect on the property after the sell.

I believe the lender will pay the taxes and continue foreclosure. Please post back, I am interested to see what happens.

HTH,

M
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 19, 2007, 07:47 PM
    Yes except for government liens, all liens will not carry over to the new buyer. ( in all areas where I have bought properties at tax sale)

But as noted, I can't ever remember any home with a mortgage or lien from a bank, or mortgage company ever actually selling at tax sale.
    They merely come in a few days before the sale and pay the taxes and add it to their lien.

Now this one may not, but I have not personally ever seen one with a mortgage ever actually sale at a tax sale.

I have not bought in Fla, do you get a tax deed that day, or merely a certificate to redeem after a certain time there?
    LO903 Posts: 7, Reputation: 3

Apr 24, 2007, 10:20 AM
    I have seen many times where the mortgage company no longer exists or it is a private mortgage, but generally, they will not even let it get so far as the auction list...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tax Deed Sale Title Question... Marketable title? [ 5 Answers ]

Hello all, I was wondering if anybody was familiar with titles from tax deed sales. I am a beginner to the topic, but just was looking for some advice from some of you real-estate savvy experts out there. My question is about the title of a deed bought from a tax sale... How do you find out...

Contract to Deed sale [ 11 Answers ]

Hello, I am hoping to get some guidance. I have just put my home on the market to sell here in Florida. A man contacted me about it and said he purchases homes via Contract to Deed. He sent me an email describing what happens, came by and looked at the home and said that he would want to make...

Warranty deed sale problems [ 2 Answers ]

We're a small church in Florida, the church went into negotiation with the owner and her son to buy their home which is located next to our property she had not been paying her taxes and was behind on the current taxes so to keep from someone buying the deed the church has been paying the...

Tax implications of stock sale [ 1 Answers ]

My parents were joint owners of a large amount of 1 company's stock. My Father died this year. We all agree with my Mother that reducing risk by liquidating some of this amount and putting it in a safer, more diversified instrument(s). Is there an advantage in selling some of this in this year(of...

Contract for deed sale gone bad [ 7 Answers ]

Home seller found a buyer who could not qualify for purchasing at the time he moved in to the house but believed he could either come up with the money needed to buy the home or qualify for a loan within one year. So, the buyer signed a promissory note for the full price of the home, less a down...

View more questions Search