Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    andresbmx92 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 28, 2011, 03:28 PM
    Unmarried father of 1 daughter , mother refuses to let me see or know where she is.
    My duaghter is now 7 months old, My daughter and my ex lived in my house since my baby was born. When I found out she had secretly planned to leave to another country with my daughter with or without my approval, I kicked her out and now I've consulted a lawyer to see what I can do to preserve my rights as the child's father.
    Since I've kicked her out she took my daughter away and I haven't seen her since. ( already 3 weeks ) The child has my name and everything. We both shared the costs for the baby.
    Whatever I say she won't change her mind about leaving the country.
    I want to stay with my rights and I want us to split custody. But with she moving I really think the baby is better of with me here. Since I have a stable home and income. Unlike her.. please help me out here
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Nov 28, 2011, 04:17 PM
    Please answer below where you live (country, state).
    Also if a DNA test has been done, and what the lawyer has said so far.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 28, 2011, 04:17 PM
    Umm you kicked her out, THEN consulted an attorney. That was backwards.

First, are you on the birth certificate? She should not be able to take the child out of the country with the approval of both legal parents.

Second, what does your attorney suggest?

Third, if you are the legal father and she is hiding from you, you should be able to swear out a warrant for parental kidnapping.

Fourth, I think you may have a hard time convincing a court that you are better option as custodial parent. The court is going to see that you kicked the mother and child out of their house (an illegal act by the way). They are going to wonder where your concern for the child was then.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a father refuses to not take his child eventhose the mother does not have a house [ 2 Answers ]

Yet and is currently living in a women shelter that does not take kids. The father sign the birhth certifcates at birth (willingly) and just plaine old refuses to help me in any way . He was reccently summon to court to pay child support he thinks because he's been forced to it .That all he needS...

Unmarried mother of 1 why.o. Daughter seeking sole custody from alcoholic father [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I'm not really sure where to start. My ex-boyfriend and I have a 1 y.o. daughter. My ex has always had a drinking problem, but after I left him in September, it slowly began to spiral completely out of control. He has been unemployed for going on two years now, and initially when I left we...

Unmarried Mother wants to move out of State, Father not on because [ 1 Answers ]

Asking a question for a family member. Currently, she and child's father have been living together for 6 years and have a 5 year old daughter. He isn't on the birth certificate, but has been in the home since her birth. In the total time of the child's life he has failed to hold a job for longer...

How can unmarried father adopt child of single mother [ 9 Answers ]

I am a single mother of a 3 yr old, who was dating this guy who's in the military.The guy has been there for my daughter since she was first born,and do everything for her now whenever she need or want.The guy has been trying to sign papers to adopt her, and I never let him but now I'm thinking...

How does an unmarried Father get joint custody of my daughter [ 11 Answers ]

I am an unmarried father living together with the mother of my daughter. We have lived together and bought a house together in Chicago, IL. We bought the home in March of 2004. My daughter was born in Sept 2004. Me and the mother are not doing well in our relationship. At this point, it...

View more questions Search