Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gcast707 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 28, 2011, 03:14 PM
    Want to know what steps to take...
    I've seen this house for about 13 years no body has touched it what can I do? Where do I go? Who do I call?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Nov 28, 2011, 03:23 PM
    To purchase it or for some other reason?

If you are interested in purchasing it, ask your Town/City/County Tax Assessor who owns it, gets the tax bill.

If it is a health hazard, call your local Housing Inspector.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 28, 2011, 05:53 PM
    Agree what are you wanting to do. If you want it torn down, start with building inspector and code inforcement and your local city council or county commissioner.

If you want to buy it, you can go to the recorder of deed and see if there is a lien on it, and see who owns it.
    You can go to the property tax office and see where the tax bill is going as to a good place to start contact.

You can also see if there is back property taxes owed.

You then contact the owner and try to work out a deal to purchase it

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can you please show me the steps or explain this steps and the formulas used in doing [ 1 Answers ]

Can you please show me the steps or explain this steps and the formulas used in doing this math problem. Find mean,median, & mode mid value - 15,20,25,30,35,40,45,50,55 frequency - 2,22,19,14,3,4,6,1,1?

What steps do I take? [ 2 Answers ]

My daughter has my maiden name and me and my husband both agreed to change it to our last name? But we don't know how to go about doing that?

What's the steps I have to take and is it possible [ 2 Answers ]

If I sign my rights over does it cost something and can I do it for sure

Next steps? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I will try to be as succinct as possible with respect to the facts of my case. As the result of a lawsuit that was filed against me in New York, I sent the debt collection a demand for a Bill of Particulars. The debt collector that is suing me inherited the debt via assignment from...

What steps do I need [ 5 Answers ]

I am 8 months pregnant. The father does not want anything to do with the baby. He has denied the child in the past, but is now willing to give up parental rights. He resides in New York and I in West Virginia. Does he need to sign the birth certificate? What other steps are involved with him...

View more questions Search