Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Radley Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2004, 09:36 AM
    Removing old security system
    I just moved into a house with a malfunctioning security system that I'd like to have taken out.

I can't get in touch with the company that installed it, and the electricians I call say they won't touch it.

What type of contractor would handle something like this?

Thanks,
    Radley
    harleyds Posts: 56, Reputation: 2

Jan 10, 2005, 10:58 AM
    Alternative suggestion...
    Why don't you just disconnect the siren and the telephone connection? This way the alarm will seem like it is still working, but not call anyone nor set off any noisy alarm?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jan 10, 2005, 12:15 PM
    A competitive alarm company might be happy to make sure it never gets fixed up. You may get a hard sell on a new one.

Once unplugged or the circuit breaker opened, you could cut off all the exposed wires and components yourself and toss them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Buying new wireless security system [ 3 Answers ]

I just purchased a really nice wireless surveillance system from www.jetstreamsecurity.com and was wondering if anyone could tell me if there are any flaws in owning a wireless surveillance systems? Can they be hacked into with by a neighbor, or can they be tapped into with other hardware. I just...

How do I increase H2O pressure on well system with a water filtration system? [ 2 Answers ]

Howdy, I would like to know how I can increase my water pressure. My current system uses a well pump with a small pressure tank, and "D" control valve. It then runs through a WATERSOFT filtration tank, RAINSOFT water softner, and on the Hot water side, an AQUASTAR on demand hot water system. I...

Removing Symantec... [ 3 Answers ]

I've tried to reinstall Nortons 2003 and I got an error, it's looking for the orton Aniti Virus LABEL (whatever that is, thinking it's the original CD) but I have this burned copy of Nortons that I just in case I misplace or break the original copy (with I happen to do), no I can't reinstall the...

Downloading Security On A New System [ 3 Answers ]

I have recently purchased new gateway computer. It came loaded with McAfee internet security and Mcafee spyware. It also came with Nortin internet security 2005, webroot spy sweeper, webroot window washer, pre-empt and ghost surf 2005. When I tried to load these in I had an internet connection...

Removing xp [ 1 Answers ]

I want to remove xp and install me back on my system for a couple months, how do I go about it Thanks

View more questions Search