Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bhauss Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 28, 2011, 11:50 AM
    Tiling over a concrete shower floor?
    We have an older home that we took the shower out of and currently replacing. My question is the concrete inside the shower is sloped and has just been painted in years past instead of tiled it has no cracks and is sealed. We are wanting to tile it but not sure if we have to use a liner or what. Suggestions?

Check out some similar questions!

Tiling a shower floor [ 3 Answers ]

I've rubber lined my shower floor and poured 2" of concrete on the floor. Now I want to tile it. What type of adhesive and grout do I use to keep it water tight?

Tiling Over Concrete Shower Basin [ 6 Answers ]

I am replacing the tile on a basement concrete shower basin that has been leaking into the main area of the bathroom. The basin appears to have been poured after the floor and there are gaps between the floor and the basin. In trying to seal the basin I've asked the pros at Home Depot and they...

Raising a concrete floor by approximately 1",for tiling [ 6 Answers ]

I have a concrete area size 9'*8'= 72sqft, in the basement and would like to raise it by about 1" (7/8") and then install ceramic (this area will be a bathroom), so it will be at the same level as the rest of the floor which I will be raising by 7/8" when I install the drycore panels over the...

Tiling over an exsisting concrete shower floor [ 1 Answers ]

Hello and Happy New Year, Here is our problem. We remodeled a bathroom and tiled the shower walls and floor. The exsisting shower base was painted concrete. We sanded the concrete, then tiled,using a grout with latex. A couple weeks after, we noticed tile and grout coming up. When we...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.