Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    khadka Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2007, 11:15 AM
    Car's windshield washer does not spray on windshield
    I have a Toyota Tercel '97. Lately when the temparature is so down like high 10 F and the windshilled is below 0 degree. I live in chicago

My windshield washer does not spray on windshield when I tried to when driving. I looked the level of the fluid and it is full.

I suspect might be the fluid got frozen inside the pipe and doen not spray. The wipers work fine when tried to spray the fluid.

Any suggestion on that?

Thanks
    dshachar Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2007, 11:35 AM
    It sounds like you're using water or a mix of water and wiper fluid. You should stick to pure wiper fluid, which you can buy at a gas station. If you'd rather use something more convenient, Windex should do the trick.
    Right now, however, your problem is getting all the water out of the windshield fluid tank under the hood. A thin rubber hose should do the trick.
    To get the frozen stuff out of the pipe between the wiper-fluid tank and the windshield, you'll need to park in a warmer place, wait for warmer weather, or use a hairdryer set to the lowest temperature. Don't use a high temperature or you may damage your rubber pipes.
    willardbay1 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2007, 11:28 PM
    Ya it sounds like you are using water, because windshield washer fluid should not freeze because it has a mix of alcohol in it to prevent freezing, or your problem may be your pump, in the cold temperatures your pump has a harder time pumping when it is cold.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Windshield cleaning [ 5 Answers ]

I used Windex to clean the inside of my front windshield... a few days later I looked and my windshield had so many smudges that I might as well not have even cleaned it. Do anyone have any tips to prevent that from happening when cleaning windows in your car?. any commercial products or mixes......

Windshield Wipers [ 1 Answers ]

My Windshield Wipers Park In The Vertical Position When Turned Off. What Caused This To All Of The Sudden Happen?

Windshield replacement [ 1 Answers ]

Who has the best price on windshield replacements in Atlanta Ga.

Windshield Wiper Problem [ 2 Answers ]

My windshiel wipers on my 2003 Honda Accord quit working all of a sudden the other day. I checked the fuse on the box next to the drivers seat and it was good. Any suggestions?

06 rav4 windshield fogging up [ 1 Answers ]

Just recently bought an 06 rav4, all is good except I noticed that whenever I turned on the AC the left and right edge of inside windshield fogs up. Not right away but maybe for 2-3 days w/ ac working. Took it back to the dealership,:confused: service mgr said it was due to the dash not all the...

View more questions Search