Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    parksejin17 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2011, 08:46 PM
    Are dry leaves good insulators? Why?
    I doing a science fair and I need to find logical reasons my results came out like this. And even though I researched through webs and surfed through educational websites, I still don't know if dry leaves are good insulator, why or why not?
    CliffARobinson Posts: 1,416, Reputation: 101
    Ultra Member

Mar 11, 2012, 03:47 PM
    When dry material is piled up it traps air in the hollow spaces in between the individual pieces of material (leaves, pine needles, etc.). This is called dead air space. The dead air space becomes a barrier that holds the warm air in and repels the cold air.
    George W. Jasper, Ex Ranger

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My dryer heats very good but it always turns off before the clothes are dry. [ 2 Answers ]

My dryer heats very good but it always turns off before the clothes are dry. It has a sensor that tell the dryer they are dry when in fact they are not. I will have to turn my dryer on about 6 times when I'm trying to dry towels. The dryer heat's well just won't stay on. It is a whirlpool senseon...

Curly apple leaves and spotty maple leaves [ 1 Answers ]

I have 3 small apple trees, 2 are new this year. The older one developed both mildew and an aphid infestation. I have treated those and can see no signs of insects or fungus yet the new leaves are still growing in curled round. The 2 newer trees are also starting to get curled up leaves though I...

Good moisturizer for dry skin. [ 13 Answers ]

I have dry skin, and also I have stretch marks(which I'm in the process of looking for something that will remove them) and I don't want anymore so I heard the best way to prevent them is to hydrated and moist, I have used a few lotions over the years which does nothing! Can anyone tell me some...

Looking for the value of Glass Insulators [ 2 Answers ]

Where might I find the value of some or all of my Glass insulator collection?

Is it good to mix dry with wet food [ 17 Answers ]

My 6 month old maltese didn't want to eat at the time So I bought some ceaser puppy food And mixed a little bit in with the royal canine puppy food And he ate it all, But can you do that or is it bad?

View more questions Search