Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KS36302 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2011, 09:04 AM
    "Mission"-style clamps vs Neoprene with SS clamps underground
    massplumber2008 answered original 11-19-11 question about joining PVC toilet flange to cast iron with bell end (hub) gone underground below slab. Not sure I understand his last comment: not acceptable above ground. I understood his response to be that I should use the "Mission"-style shielded clamp below ground, but his last comment (quoted above) confused me. Please clarify. Thanks for your help.

KS
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Nov 27, 2011, 09:13 AM
    Hi KS..

You cannot use the neoprene with the single SS clamps... ANYWHERE except underground and even then they are not usually accepted by plumbing inspectors so stay away from them!

For best results always use shielded clamps above and below ground... see image.

Have a great day!
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

"Form" placed in "Microsoft Access" can be accessed from a "Button" in "VB.Net" App [ 1 Answers ]

Hi All, Actually, I'm not very well in programming but a task is assigned to me related to .Net. Basically, there is a database in Microsoft Access. I have made forms in it which are based on queries to retrieve required results. I have also made graph of it. Now, I have to merge this...

Info on two pastels signed C Bloom, one titled "the chief" from the isleta mission NM [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have two original pastels signed 'C. Bloom'. One of them is titled 'The Chief" and is apparently from the Isleta Mission in N.M. the other is not titled, but is a portrait of an elderly gentlemen. I'm thinking they're from the 50's or 60's. Any info would be great. Thanks, Shelley

Pex clamps [ 5 Answers ]

I will be plumbing my new kitchen soon and I am sold on thePex system except for the cost of the Pex clamping tool. I was wondering if I could use stainless steel worm drive clamps instead? I'm already using them on several connections already around the pressure tank etc. Thanks in advance...

Sink clamps [ 1 Answers ]

Hi,what I have today is how to clamp down with 1.5 inch thick under layment I am looking for a clamp that will span this distance. We were going to put tile on then went laminate which is why we have 1.5 inch thickness,now I have to find clamps to hold down sink,we also put a air gap unit for...

Do I need riser clamps? [ 1 Answers ]

I am going to be cutting into a 4" stack pipe to add a 2" T that feeds a new shower/sink. About a foot above where that T will go is where the toilet line meets the stack. Do I need to support the vertical stack with a riser clamp or can I just support the horizontal line from the toilet with a...

View more questions Search