Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    oldcolonial Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2011, 07:00 AM
    Can travertine hold the weight of a cast clawfoot tub... will it crack?
    Have gutted the entire bathroom... added 2 floor joist side by side where the feet will be. Now I'm wondering if the travertine will crack. We have the casters for the feet... how long should it cure before putting weight on it?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Nov 27, 2011, 09:44 AM
    Travertine is fairly soft but with casters to distribute the weight you should be OK. I'd wait 4-5 days for the thin set to harden before putting that much pressure on it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can you use sink plumbing for a clawfoot tub? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi. There is plumbing for a sink in this room. In fact there is a freestanding cabinet with sink. I want to remove the sink. Can I use this existing plumbing for a new clawfoot tub/plumbing? 1) Do I need to open the wall and/or make holes in the floor? For supply and drain? ****OR can it...

Changing diverter in clawfoot tub [ 3 Answers ]

I'm trying to fix or replace parts of my sad, old, leaky shower. I have a free standing clawfoot tub with a tub mounted faucet and diverter. See picture: http://us.f13.yahoofs.com/bc/4421a135m915b350a/bc/shared/tub.jpg?bfHOjtJBOpliepIu If pic doesn't appear try link: (photos will be my next...

Changing diverter in clawfoot tub [ 1 Answers ]

I'm trying to fix or replace parts of my sad, old, leaky shower. I have a free standing clawfoot tub with a tub mounted faucet and diverter. See picture: http://us.f13.yahoofs.com/bc/4421a135m915b350a/bc/tub.jpg?bf7katJBAizpepIu I initially tried to remove the entire facet thinking I would clean...

Clawfoot tub, re-installing feet [ 1 Answers ]

I have a claw tub and the feet came off. When I reinstall them and set the tub up under its own weight they come back off. I`ve tightened the screws as much as I possibly can. Is there any fix to this tub or process?

CPVC works to Clawfoot tub [ 1 Answers ]

I have an 100 year old house with CPVC plumbing. I am working on the tub. Water supply is a 1/2 inch cpvc pipe with a 3/4 threaded male piece on the end. Connected to that is an old valve. I have a new fixture. And a new valve that is for a 1/2 copper pipe in and a 3/8" pipe out to fixture. I want...

View more questions Search