Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brtthllngswrth Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 26, 2011, 09:26 PM
    Yard light out
    My pole light stopped working. I replaced the bulb (35w High Pressure Sodium), but it didn't help. The only thing on the pole itself is the little round light sensor. I don't find a switch in my fuse box that is labeled for this. Any suggestions?
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Nov 27, 2011, 05:39 AM
    Each HPS fixture has a small transformer called a ballast inside. Assuming there is voltage to the fixture and the photocell is working, the ballast is the problem.

Often times it is cheaper to buy a new fixture rather than a replacement ballast. You can do the shopping and compare prices.
    stanfortyman Posts: 5,598, Reputation: 279
    Electrical & Lighting Expert

Nov 27, 2011, 06:13 AM
    Did you try to replace the photocell? If not that is an easy, cheap, try.
    These do go bad. They even sell them in home centers.
    brtthllngswrth Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2011, 01:57 PM
    Do I not need to turn off the power to do either one of these? I'm not sure how to do that when there isn't an on/off switch or breaker switch for it. Thank you for any further direction.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

ABS Light, SRS Light, Check Engine Light, Any other lights? [ 3 Answers ]

Ok. I am writing this because I have been stumped on this question for a long time. I have a 2001 Honda Civic EX COup. I have had about every single light on my dashboard come on at DIFFERENT TIMES... My ABS LIGHTS, SRS lights, Green Flashing Key lights ( immobilizer ), Check Engine,...

Yard light troubleshoot [ 5 Answers ]

I just moved to a new residence. The bulbs in the mercury vapor yard lights do not go on but only glow. I replaced one of the bulbs and again it only glowed. Any suggestions as to what is wrong ?

Holes in yard [ 4 Answers ]

Something is putting holes in my yard. The holes are between 1 to 1&1/2 inch diameter. Any idea what type of critter does that? Animals I know have: moles, rabbits, & squirrels If it's the moles I'll be learning something new about them.

Photocontrol yard light [ 3 Answers ]

We had a big snow storm last month and since then I have been having problems with my photocontrol yard light. At first I had to reset it everyday in order for it to turn on in the evening and out in the morning. Then the light would not turn on when I tried to reset it. I purchased a new bulb and...

10 yard and 40 yard dash [ 2 Answers ]

I was wondering what is a good 10 yard and 40 yard sprint time for a high school runningback?

View more questions Search