merbethme Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 26, 2011, 06:27 PM
    Probation rules
    Does anyone know where probation 'rules' can be found
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Nov 26, 2011, 06:29 PM
    What State? What type of offense?

Didn't the PO give the person the rules for that particular person's probation?

The rules vary by location and offense - and how the Judge feels that particular day.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 26, 2011, 06:48 PM
    You may sit down with your probation officer and ask to review the rules you are under, this will include any of the judges orders and common probation practice.

Nov 26, 2011, 07:31 PM
    NYS DWI, was a misdormeanor, 3 years, interlock, no accident, no kids involved. I have had 4 probation officers and each one seems to have a different set of rules, and one says I can go out of state and I do- come home to a new probation officer- and I have to start all over again. I have been on for 18 months, have 18 to go. I want to move to florida- I am a nrse practitioner- so getting a job is no big deal-I got positive breath tests- but can prove it wasn't me as I was out of state. She- probation- doesn't seem to care that it wasn't me she said- doesn't matter it's on you. I have had 4 DWIs total- 2 in 1981, another in 97 and now 2009. Any chance she will let me go?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 26, 2011, 07:55 PM
    The probation officer does not care if you tell them it was not you. Their job is really catch you doing something, and if the interlock showed a positive blow ( or several) then you may get violated and have to go before the judge, it will be the judge that you have to prove you were out of town and then prove who was using the car, I assume you know who was blowing in your device at the time.

But as for as travel out of state, it is easy, you can but only with PO permission, so the one say you could, since they did not care, others may want to know a lot more about it.

For the move, again no real issue, but often you will have to show where you are going to live, where you are going to work to get permission, You will make a written request to transfer, the state you are leaving approves first, then sends it to the other state who has to approve it, about a 1 month to 2 month time frame

Nov 26, 2011, 08:09 PM
    Thank you- not what I hoped to hear, but appreciate the truth. I am amazed at how different each probation officer has been- now the latest seems to be the toughest and I feel as if I have stepped back- lost ground sort to speak. I thought I was doing real good, not according to her! It is what it is.
    One problem with the whole thing is- how do I get a job in another state if this new one will not let me leave the state? And she won't let me drive out of my county- hard to get to interviews.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Probation and rules in Indiana [ 2 Answers ]

My dad is on probation in Indiana, his mom is sick in Texas, his probation officer won't let him go, can he talk to a judge?

WI probation officer rules [ 2 Answers ]

My po continually refuses to let me get employment ( sex offender) . He also states that my transfer request was denied and his supervisor said so... but he refuses to give me a copy of any letters stating so.. What can ido??

Probation rules [ 4 Answers ]

OK I have a really good quistion!! I am on feloney (Probation) in Idaho, when I was sentenced in 2001 I wis given (Special conditions) to wit, and ordered by the judge. The state board of correction, continuely does not allow offenders, or makes offenders not follow those special conditions. ...

Probation rules and regs [ 2 Answers ]

I am on probation - standard and at the lowest level possible. I want to know if I can get married to my fiancé who is NOT on probation without getting into trouble. I live in Arizona and he lives in Nebraska, where I will be getting an interstate compact to live. Do I have to get permission...

Probation Rules [ 4 Answers ]

I was wondering,my boyfriend is on probation and staying at a friends of his house.Does his probation officer have the right to come to my home at any given time and search it? He has broken probation three times all ready and I was wondering if on the fourth time that they will revoke it...

View more questions Search