Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    azermal Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2011, 11:33 PM
    Two year relationship.
    My boyfriend of two years wants to stop having sex to get closer to god. But we are already in a long distance relationship. I know that he honestly wants to get closer to god. But its not about us, its about him.

To top it off, a month ago he said he didn't want to rush getting married, now he wants to get married in 6 months. I love him so much but I greatly dislike being mentally tossed around.
    emopunk7 Posts: 1,052, Reputation: 161
    Ultra Member

Nov 26, 2011, 03:16 AM
    He wants to get married so that he can have sex with you and not feel guilty.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 26, 2011, 08:25 PM
    I think you better talk more and get on the same page before you take that big step of marriage.

Maybe this newfound religious thing is what makes him want to only have sex with a wife, and not just a girl friend. Ask him.
    PhobiaDHS Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Dec 5, 2011, 03:38 PM
    If you are 100% sure that the issue is religion rather than him dipping his comb into other honey pots, I would suggest having a deep conversation with him about it. The religion and his move towards its sphere of influence suggests that there may be other issues that you either not aware of yet or have been kept from you so far. Most people go to God when they feel lost. Not when they feel fulfilled. God provides structure to those that often have very little of it available to them.
    The only thing that is going to make this better for you is more communication. He is obviously going through something that is causing him to change his mind rapidly on issues like marriage and sex. This suggests a significant influence in his life that is outlining his interactions with you and his expectations of you. If you plan to stay with him, you will have to be prepared to also be married to whatever or whoever this influence is as well any other ideas they may have.
    I know that were I in your shoes, conversation and a quick exit plan would be the first two things I try to get put together. You have a choice to make very soon. Stay who you are and hopefully be happy with that person, or change yourself to fit his image of what you should be. What ever choice you make, know that it will likely be the choice of whether to continue your relationship or end it when the dust settles.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My boyfriend wants to stop having sex [ 7 Answers ]

Een with my boyfriend for 11months now and about 5 months ago our problems started. He would occasionally reject me when I wanted to have sex saying he was tired or that it was late. We have had many arguments about this and nearly came to breaking point. I feel bad for arguing with him about sex...

How to stop having sex with my boyfriend [ 19 Answers ]

I've been thinking I may want to abstain from sex until marriage, or something marriage-oriented. I've been dating and had boyfriends for 25 years now. I am 42. I just feel like every guy I get involved with lately - it's only good between us for a few months. There's a whole pattern to it that...

How can I stop my boyfriend from having sex with me? [ 4 Answers ]

I don't know what to do. My boyfriend always want me to have sex with him everyday ! And I can't take it anymore.. He is so very aggressive and addicted to sex. What should I do? If I will not agree to mate with him, he would be angry.. aaaaaaaah! I don't know.. we are 1yr and 8 months already.....

How to stop sex from ruining my relationship [ 7 Answers ]

I have a bad past with a ex boyfriend. I lost my virginity to him. This effects my current boyfriend. It effects him a lot actually. To the point, where sometimes its hard to look at me. I was my current boyfriends first. The problem is, He wants sex all the time. I don't want that, I had that...

View more questions Search