Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    beetz Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2004, 08:02 AM
    Valence bond theory
    Can someone please explain the valence bond theory and are there any other bonding theories to explain how a bond is formed

Thanks for any help :)
    Malcolmgrad Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2004, 09:47 AM
    More or less the valence bond theory is e- defficient atoms pairing off with atoms that can make up the difference. Its also called a covalent bond. Covalent bond are the bonds in compounds that result from the sharing of one or more pairs of electrons. For example NaCl (Na+) + (Cl-). Na is positive because its missing an e- which means that the atom is not neutral because it now has 1 more p+ than e-s. so it joins with Cl which by the way is negative. Because it has gained and e- and it shares with Na to make NaCl. Now its neutral and has no charge because now it has just as many e- as protons. Well something like that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Natural law theory [ 1 Answers ]

Help me to build a natural law theory argunment against the legalization of drugs? Have a introduction, body and conclusion.

Coupon rate on a bond [ 2 Answers ]

:eek: I have to find the coupon rate on a bond but every formula I find requires the coupon rate to already be configured. How do I work backwards to get what I need? Example problem - Samantha's bonds sell for $1065.15. The bond life is 9 years and the yield to maturity is 7 percent. What...

Positional Theory [ 1 Answers ]

Has anyone ever heard of positional theory?

James bond [ 4 Answers ]

What are the various james bond actors.

Bohr theory vs modern theory [ 2 Answers ]

Can someone explain the differences between the bohr and the modern atomic theories in the description of the electron Thanks :p

View more questions Search