Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Charah67 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2007, 05:03 AM
    No power on thermostat
    Help!! This morning we woke up to a freezing second floor. It is on a second unit, and when I went upstairs, the thermostat has no reading at all... no power. I checked the breaker and all was fine there. Is there an exterior switch on the unit that could need to be powered up?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Feb 9, 2007, 09:23 AM
    Do you know if your stat requires a battery? If it is a digital readout there is probably a battery and you should see some display of info no matter what the temperature is in the room.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No power to thermostat [ 19 Answers ]

Hi, I was trying to replace my old stat with a new programmble one. I had turned off the furnace before installing new one. But the new one didn't work and so, I put the old one back on. But the old one does not power now and display on the old stat does not come up. Can any one help me here...

No power to thermostat, no fuses [ 15 Answers ]

I have a International Comfort Products heating and AC unit. The problem I am having is that the blower runs constantly and there is no power to the thermostat. I can find no fuses on the unit. None indicated in the schematic either. The transformer checks out OK, the wirng checks out OK also. Any...

No power to thermostat [ 2 Answers ]

I recently had a pool heater installed. The electrician installed it to the incorrect voltage. We found this out when we tried to power up the pool heater. Right after he came back and installed it to the correct voltage, the thermostat and heat pump to my house quit working. It is getting no...

No power after thermostat replaced [ 3 Answers ]

Ok... I know better... but since I was dealing with low voltage... I figured no harm... WRONG! :eek: I should have turned off the breaker when replacing my thermostat... enough said. I replaced my thermostat (simple comfort 3001) with a honeywell RTH6300b because the simple comfort display was...

No Power to Thermostat [ 2 Answers ]

We have two electric central A/C units - one upstairs, one down. We discovered that the upstairs A/C unit was running 24/7 making the upstairs very cold (and a $680.00 electricity bill). The original Honeywell programmable thermostat was not shutting it off regardless of the room temp -vs-...

View more questions Search