Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chubbymax Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2011, 02:04 PM
    Computer is not booting it keeps restarting
    I turn on my computer :windows xp and it goes to the screen where it shows the loading bar and the windows xp logo
    Then it freezes, I restart the computer and it fomr here on it doesn't make the usaly beep sound and it keeps restarting every 5 seconds. Please help
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Nov 24, 2011, 02:08 PM
    This type of error is normally caused by an issue with the operating system not loading correctly.
    Access Safe Mode and do a system restore back a few days.

As soon as you turn it on, when you get the manufactures splash screen start hitting F8.
    If it gets to the Windows screen you will need to start over.
    Once you are in Safe Mode the first thing it offers is to run system restore.
    cmeeks Posts: 754, Reputation: 64

Nov 25, 2011, 05:14 AM
    Have you tried booting in Safe Mode? if not give it a try.
    DG Posts: 1,375, Reputation: 109
    Ultra Member

Nov 29, 2011, 09:34 AM
    Mine did this I had to boot from disk then reload Windows.
    Luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Computer keeps on restarting! [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I recently updated my computer with a new graphic card and power supply of 500 watts. I downloaded a couple of games online, but could only play for 5 minutes and my computer restarted itself. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention while playing the game. I smell something burnt. I think it's coming from...

Computer keeps restarting [ 8 Answers ]

Hi there, I have spent hours searching through forums for an answer, but nothing has helped so far, not even the other thread in this forum. I have a windows XP home SP2 seagate HD, from an older PC, with everything including windows still on it. Now that the HD of the newer PC, also XP home,...

My Computer is restarting continuously and not booting [ 4 Answers ]

Yesterday I was on my computer, its an HP Pavilion dv9308nr Notebook PC, when it suddenly put itself to sleep. Or at least the monitor went black. I did what I usually do to bring it back up, which is shake the mouse and if that fails, quickly push the power button. Well, the mouse was dead, the...

Winxp keeps restarting without booting up [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, My NOTEBOOK laptop has a winxp home edition version and after using it for sometime, it restarts without booting up. I select safe mode go in but that doesn't eventuate, it keeps on restarting. I'm suspecting it's the RAM but don't have a spare one to actually prove it. Can someone help...

PC keeps on restarting after booting [ 5 Answers ]

Hi! I have problem with my computer. It always restart after booting. I thought that if I reformat it, it would run normally again. But after hours of using it, it automatically restarted, then after booting it restarted again. What could probably be the cause of this problem? Is it the hardware...

View more questions Search