Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jorr14 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2011, 08:58 AM
    Why is there moisture dripping on the floor from behind the vapor barrier?
    We put an addition on to our home and as diyers just finished the vapor barrier this morning the floor is wet in a couple of places and the insulation is wet on theoutside wall of the house... we also live in saskatchewan where last week it was - 30 today it is 0 degrees Celsius... do I have to replace the insulation
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Nov 24, 2011, 09:47 AM
    Once insulation is wet it should be replaced, it will mold/mildew. Is there any condenastion on the inner surface of the barrier?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Vapor Barrier [ 2 Answers ]

Should I put a vapor barrier under a metal roof that has livestock in the pole barn building? If so could you help we with a product names?

Do I need a moisture barrier? [ 2 Answers ]

If I have already installed (screwed in the cement board to the studs in my shower, do I need to remove the cement board to install a moisture barrier, or will I be okay? If I must redo everything, what type of moisture barrier do I need to buy and install?

Moisture between vapor barrier and new aqua board [ 2 Answers ]

I recently had my tub surround redone do to a leaking shower pull assembly, about 6 weeks ago we noticed cracking and holes in grout lines and moisture coming out under the tub, we opened up a kitchen wall behind the new tile and there is moisture between the vapor barrier and the backside of the...

When fastening wood to a basement floor should there be any moisture barrier ? [ 1 Answers ]

Oo protect wood from rotting or getting mold ?

Moisture barrier [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know if a moisture/air infiltration barrier (i.e. TYVEK etc. ) is code for an outside wall (particle board) on a home in Virginia? :)

View more questions Search