Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    beetz Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2004, 07:55 AM
    Atomic structure-orbitals
    Can someone please explain how to draw orbitals for an atom and which planes they lie in. especially the p orbitals the 3 different ways they lie and how they are named i.e pxy etc.

Can someone tell me how to draw the 2pz angular function and state what this tells me about the electron density in a pz orbital.
    So that I can then work out the others.

Any help is much appreciated cheers! :)
    Malcolmgrad Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2004, 10:34 AM
    s orbitals are ball shaped the others are more comples and need to be drawn in a three dimensional way that makes them appear to come out of the page.
    its like a graph but u need a w,x,y,z axis to draw them in space. They are oval shaped but d orbitals have a ring around them()

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Tax Structure on 401K [ 2 Answers ]

Browsed many forums but couldn't find an answer to my Question. I would really appreciate if someone could help me out here. I currently have 8000 USD ($8K) in my 401K account. I started it just 2 yrs back. Im planning to take up school next year and leave my job. If I withdraw all this 401K...

Lewis Structure [ 3 Answers ]

What does the Lewis structure of ClF4- look like?

Capital Structure Calculations [ 1 Answers ]

Please explain this problem to me: Cain Auto Supplies and Able Auto Parts are competitors in the aftermarket for auto supplies. The separate capital structures for Cain and Able are presented below: CAIN Debt @ 10% $ 50,000 Common Stock, $10 par $100,000 Total ...

View more questions Search