Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kansasgal Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Nov 23, 2011, 09:46 AM
    Place was robbed in Sept I had jewelry , electronics and tools the insurance company
    Is investigating us. They had a Special investigator come out and interview us. I need to give them copies of my cell phone records and text messages for Aug and Sept. We were out of state when this happened. I feel like I am on trial and I don't know why. I have submitted pictures and serial numbers. Most of the jewelry were rings that was given to me when my mom and grandma died. I don't know what more they want me to do. It has been over 3 months. The investigator did say once he gets these papers that I had to refill out and he gets my phone records he did say he had 30 days to investigate and make his decision. But I thought that was why I had to sign a release of information form saying I gave them until Nov. 15th to investigate. Isn't my 30 days up or will it start back over? I don't understand any of this. I sent in the picture of my door that jammed and he said I can tell you right now you won't get paid what the estimate was to get it fixed or replaced. What should I do or is there anything I can do to get this rolling so I can move on, I told the investigator I feel violated. I do know the kids will be happy when I can get them a wii and games and a ps2 and games.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Nov 23, 2011, 09:51 AM
    I'm an investigator in NY - this is not the least bit unusual if the insurance company is not 100% certain that it was a robbery by a stranger. I don't understand the part about you "refilling out" the papers. Contact the company directly and ask why there is a delay. Did you agree that the investigation would be completed by November 15th OR that they would make their decision by November 15th?

There's a difference.

Is this an insurance company investigator or an independent?

If you don't agree with the insurance company's decision hire an independent to negotiate on your behalf.

You may not want to hear this but your general financial situation may very well by the cause of the company's concern - https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/bankru...nt-534383.html. Credit reports are routinely obtained in my area when there is a robbery. Unfortunately people who pawn or sell their own belongings and then file a claim make it difficult for the honest people who are robbed.
    kansasgal Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Nov 23, 2011, 08:04 PM
    The investigator is from the company. The paper I have to refill out since they couldn't read my figures on a line and I didn't have my fiancée sign the paper when it notarized. The paper was some release form letting them investigate my fiancés and bills and etc. I had to sign how long that they had to investigate my records or something like that. I just know it was a release form but that is one paper I didn't get a copy of it. I hope that makes since.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 23, 2011, 09:21 PM
    The investigator will determine if he believes the theft really happened or not. He will also try to determine if you actually had everything you claim you had that was robbed. ** but it will also be your duty to prove you had things, and what their values were.

That is why video tape of your belongings, appraisals of some items, Serial numbers of things that have them.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 23, 2011, 10:13 PM
    I worked for an insurance fraud litigation firm years ago. The statement you made, that I quoted below, is highly suspicious.

Quote Originally Posted by kansasgal View Post
    I do know the kids will be happy when i can get them a wii and games and a ps2 and games.
    Had this statement been brought to the attention of the law firm I worked for, your claim would most likely be denied as there is intent to commit fraud strictly from this sentence.

Have you gained employment since you posted this?

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/other-...rs-542310.html

That will also be taken into consideration.

**To add** I am not at all saying that you have attempted fraud, or accusing you, I'm just trying to open your eyes as to what you have said and how it can be misread by the insurance company.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What tools can a company use to monitor and improve their marketing activities? [ 0 Answers ]

What tools can a company use to monitor and improve their marketing activities?

Electronics company [ 1 Answers ]

I have an a/v company that started as an installation business and is moving into the retail side. We are receiving work from word of mouth but it is not taking like it should. Sadly we had a large contract not pay which is now with collections, hence slowing us down greatly. We are opening an...

Does my insurance company have to pay for damages to a car with no insurance [ 2 Answers ]

My daughter was at fault for a car accident, however the other person had no insurance. In the state of Indiana you must have insurance. My question is does my insurance have to pay the other person damages? Also can I report this person to police department for false information on a legal report...

View more questions Search