Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MOMOLU Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 23, 2011, 09:08 AM
    Can I get sole legal custody ?
    Well, I have my two daughter that live with me full time, and I live in scranton pa and their mother live in hamburg pa which is 2 hours away from me. Their mother doesn't come to any teacher meeting, dr appointment, sometime doesn't even call her kids. We share join custody, which she gets them three (3)weekends out the month.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Nov 23, 2011, 09:38 AM
    Go back to Court and request "sole legal custody." At the moment it sounds like you are more interested in removing her parental rights because she is not participating in the upbringing of your children - that is not going to happen.

Why do you want her stripped of her rights - if that is your question.

You cannot force someone to be a good parent. The good news is that you obviously are an involved, caring parent, and your daughters have you to rely on.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sole legal custody and primary physical custody? [ 9 Answers ]

My daughter has sole legal custody and primary physical custody of her son in the state of Az. And that is exactly how it is stated in the divorce decree. Does she need permission from the father to travel out of the country on vacation or does she just need to tell him?

Sole Legal Custody; Do I have to Ask to visit out of State [ 3 Answers ]

I have sole legal custody and joint physical custody of my two girls. Do I have to ask permission to have them taken out of state for a visit of one week?

Moving out of state with sole legal and sole physical custody (California) [ 3 Answers ]

I am currently residing in California and currently have sole legal and physical custody of my ex's and I's 2 children. He, unfortunately, and not to bash, is a very bad alcoholic and even going to court this month for drunk in public and disorderly conduct (again). My current husband and I are...

Fighting for sole physical and legal custody? [ 5 Answers ]

Pregnant single unemployed. Possible custoday and child support battle with the ex. Curious if giving the child the fatherrs last name or having him on the birth certificate, or not having him on the birth certificate, will this hurt my chances of being granted sole legal and/or physical custody....

Sole legal custody in Wisconsin [ 8 Answers ]

I have been battling with my exhusband for a few years with this. I believe in my heart that in the best interest of the children, that I should have sole legal custody. I have many reasons for this. 1. He does not get them when he is suppose to. 2. When my children go there, my 10 yr old complains...

View more questions Search