Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Flash90 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 23, 2011, 08:36 AM
    21 and feeling depressed
    I am a 21 year old university student who in the summer found out was on academic probation. Later before I started school my boyfriend of 2 years broke up with me saying I was too immature. Coming back to school I feel lost and hopeless. Since the summer I feel sad all the time, I cry every day.In the last 6 months I have been feeling more and more unhappy, but I am embarrassed to talk to any family or friends. I have also hurt myself a few times and even thought about suicide. I made an appointment to see a doctor because I can't do it anymore however the closest time is in two weeks. I don't know if I can wait two weeks I feel like I am crazy. What do I do now?
    Kahani Punjab Posts: 510, Reputation: 203

Nov 23, 2011, 08:42 AM
    Flash,

First of all, welcome to this beautiful site!

You have no right to hurt your body and feelings this way. You are whole, perfect and complete. If HE left you, or calls you immature, it is HIS problem, not yours. It happens almost with everyone, at different stages/ages of life. But, time is a great healer. Try to forget SUCH minor, even as they are not so minor, when we take it to heart, issues. The world is very big. So, do not concentrate or focus on ONE fellow. There must be many around, who might be ready to even DIE for you. Adorn yourself with best of the best apparel, have a new/fresh/dashing haircut, and you will sure have a new and better boyfriend tomorrow. You bet!

And, about what to do till you meet the medico/psychologist, just RELAX. I would personally advise you to read good books, literature, especially or motivational books. Reading is something which evaporates my tension, and I am sure, you will also find a good company and relaxation with books. Shakespeare, Milton, Keats, Chetan Bhagat, Dan Brown are some of the writers whose works will surely relieve your worries, I presume.
    Flash90 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 23, 2011, 09:06 AM
    It is not so much they guy. I know I should move on and am dealing with it. It is more with school I hate it here, I'm in my 3rd year and if it was not for my parents I would drop out and possibly go to college. I have not told them I'm on probation from the school and I know they would be severely disappointed in me. I keep thinking about what if I flunk out and what they would say to me. I am worried about letting the down they have spent so much money and time for me to get this education.
    Kahani Punjab Posts: 510, Reputation: 203

Nov 23, 2011, 09:21 AM
    O Flash!

Such dilemmas are too often faced by people. It is bit tough to manage, but I would suggest you to go through all the pros and cons. Do not just ruin your career for the sake of your parents, but do not follow your mind, just by ruining your future. Just sit and relax, and talk to someone who has keen knowledge of your future prospects, as what matters ultimately is not how much pelf did your parents spend on you, or how much you surrender, for that matter. Just ensure that your future is safe and bright. Take decision, taking these aspects in mind, and if a little pain to you can MAKE your career, do not MAR it. Remember, doors open a few times, not keep on opening. If this answer helps, click at HELP.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 23, 2011, 09:53 AM
    You can go to the nearest hospital ER where the medical professionals will hook you with to a social worker.

You can call this number:

In the U.S. call 1-800-273-8255
    National Suicide Prevention Lifeline

You're almost finished with school. Ask your advisor for a tutor. There should be plenty of willing students on your campus. You need some one-to-one help for your coursework. A social worker/counselor or even calling the hotline will begin to help you heal emotionally.

And we are here for you too. Please vent.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I've been feeling so depressed [ 3 Answers ]

I've been getting very emotional lately and I keep crying... ive even started to cry on nights ut and had to leave the pub and leave my friends behind. I don't feel like my friends are there for me as they often tend to change the subject if I bring it up so now I just don't talk about it. I've had...

I'm feeling depressed [ 8 Answers ]

I've been molested and raped all my life by strangers, neighbors, friends and family. People I thought I could trust, people I thought I could count on. I can't take much more of it. Now I don't like being around people. I don't like going out on dates or with friends. I don't like going to work or...

Feeling depressed [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I have a problem that I've been dealing with for about 2-3 years. I am always worrying about things from the past and future and I have trouble enjoying things. Sometimes I just feel like getting away from everything and just keep thinking about everything. I tend to replay events over and over...

Feeling depressed [ 12 Answers ]

I've been feeling really sad today, and its not as if something bad has happened to me, I just feel depressed, and I hadn't noticed it. I was just living my life the way I do everyday, and then I realised I felt something, couldn't explain at the moment, but it grew more and more, until I really...

Feeling Depressed [ 48 Answers ]

Hey, thank you all for reading my posts. I am in need of some serious advice to get me out of my rut. Sometimes I do not even want to get out of bed, but I find myself learning to cope with it a little easier. Anyway, her and I were together for 3 years. We were having problems this last...

View more questions Search