Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    johnsmith101 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 22, 2011, 04:00 PM
    Adjusting entries?
    I am having trouble adjusting these entries:

a. Merchandise Inventory on July 31... $565,000

The beginning balance was $602,400. After I completed the journal entries, I got $563,680. Now I am having trouble adjusting it. I don't know what to debit or credit?

This is the only one I am having trouble adjusting.
    emopunk7 Posts: 1,052, Reputation: 161
    Ultra Member

Nov 25, 2011, 10:53 PM
    We need more information!
    pready Posts: 3,197, Reputation: 207
    Ultra Member

Nov 26, 2011, 04:44 AM
    The difference between your beginning and ending Merchandise Inventory account is Cost Of Goods Sold, so your djusting entry will be:
    Deibit Cost of Goods Sold (GOGS) for the difference between your beginning and ending Merchandise Inventory
    Credit Merchandise Inventory for the same amount
    praveen.bdvt Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2011, 08:48 AM
    Get back to entries review all entries you might have entry of ommission.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adjusting Entries and Closing Entries [ 6 Answers ]

The Flash Pan Company manufactures cooking products. On August 1, 2007, the company borrowed $125,000 from creditors. Semiannual interest payments of $7,500 are to be made to creditors beginning January 31, 2008. On July 1, 2007, the company purchased a 1-year insurance policy for $10,000 and...

Preparing adjusting entries and closing entries [ 3 Answers ]

I cannot find any examples about this question on my book or anywhere else Please help.~ The following list includes selected permanent account and all of the temporary accounts from the December 31, 2008, unadjusted trial balance of Emiko Co. a business owned by Kumi Emiko. Use these account...

Advantages and disadvantages of automated systems for adjusting adjusting entries [ 5 Answers ]

Adjusting entries is something I have always done manually, is there any advantage to using an automated accounting system?

Adjusting entries: how to journalize a specific adjusting entry [ 1 Answers ]

How would I journalize this adjusting entry? Invoices representing $1,000 of services performed during the month have not been recorded as of May 31. :confused:

Adjusting journal entries from adjusting column of work sheet [ 2 Answers ]

How can I prepare necessary adjusting journal entries (a) through (e) by using the following information from the Adjustments columns of a 10-column work sheet. Interest recievable (d)$880 Office supplies ...

View more questions Search