Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    WShannon Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 22, 2011, 03:26 PM
    Formaldehyde in Laminate Flooring
    We put down laminate flooring two months ago (Armstrong in the bedrooms and hallway; Mohawk in the kitchen).
    Since the windows have been closed and the heat has been on, the last 3 weeks my eyes, nose, throat, lungs have been burning.
    Could it be from the formaldehyde in the products? How do I get rid of it?

Wayne
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Nov 22, 2011, 07:00 PM
    Yes, it could be but why not ask the tech line at the manufacturer? The only way to get it gone is to remove the flooring, IF Formaldehyde is present. It could also be an issue with your heater, have someone measure the CO levels.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Laminate flooring transition to raised vinyl flooring [ 4 Answers ]

Installer put new 1/4' subfloor in bathroom last year when installing new Tarkett (vinyl) flooring, with a metal strip transition to existing hall carpet. Now we are installing 12mm laminate in hall, which with underlay, is approximately the same height. However, when the metal strip was removed,...

Laminate flooring [ 3 Answers ]

I had a laminate floor installed a year ago. I live in the desert but we are in monsoon season now and it is hot and humid. I have noticed what looks like bubbling along some of the seams. What could be causing this and is there any fix to it? It is a glueless floating floor. Thanks... anne

Laminate flooring [ 3 Answers ]

I installed a Quickstep laminate floor 4 years ago. The laminate is bubbling in several places. Quickstep has a 20 year warranty, but has denied my claim. They say I used the wrong pad under the flooring. I used the pad that was recommneded by the retailer and in the Quickstep installation...

Laminate flooring [ 1 Answers ]

Do I need to remove the skirting boards when laying laminate flooring

Laminate flooring [ 5 Answers ]

I am considering installing laminate flooring in my house. My doubt is that we have two dogs and a cat. One of which has accidents. Is laminate flooring better in the long run than carpet, as far as the care and life?

View more questions Search