Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jackII Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 22, 2011, 12:54 PM
    How do I stop a garnishment
    I am recently divorced, I have a medical garnishment,and have to also pay child support. My job is slow only work 4 days out of the week plus we get laid off for a week during each month, I am sinking fast in the basic bills. I need help
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Nov 22, 2011, 01:58 PM
    The only way is pay off the debt. You lost the case in court because it was a real and valid debt... and the court ordered the Writ of garnishment to insure they get paid.

Best advice is find a second job wherever you can.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 22, 2011, 02:02 PM
    As noted, the only way to stop the garnishment is to pay it off. However, if your circumstances have changed, you can go back to court for a modification of your support obligation.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 22, 2011, 03:58 PM
    I am sorry for your pain and problems, I really understand how hard it can be. Sadly they won in court, I am not sure if you appeared or what payment plans you offered prior to court.

But now they are allowed to do everything allowed by law. So they may take their percent from your pay check.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I can I stop garnishment ? [ 1 Answers ]

One person told me I can stop garnishment if I am on medical assistant is that true

How to stop garnishment [ 3 Answers ]

Is there any way to stop a garnishment before you start having money taken out of pay check? Time I have it taken out it is only going to leave me very little and as a single mom Not sure how I will make it

How can I stop a garnishment [ 4 Answers ]

I made a veberal agreement with a collection agency over the phone to pay $150.00 a month for a judgement. This company refused to put anything in writing. They would not even provide an invoice. When my Dec. 09 payment made it to there office the first week of Jan. 10 they decided to file a wage...

How can I stop garnishment? [ 1 Answers ]

How can I stop garnishment? Also I don't know how much is my balance?

View more questions Search