Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hvezda Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2007, 09:38 PM
    Burning stomach pain, heart palpitations
    I have had this feeling for about year now. It doesn't matter if I eat or not, although I think food makes it little better, soon after meal I start getting bloated, gassy I get horrible burning in the stomach and that triggers heart palpitations. I have had cardio stress test, EKG, echo cardio, no problem found. I had endoscopy, that was negative, Barium enema also negative, first time I had breath test I tested positive for h.Pilori, second time it tested negative, after the antibiotic treatment for h.Pilori all these problems have started. I lost 15 kg right after the triple treatment for h.Pilori, suffered with horrible diarrhea and now I can't get out of this miserable pain, yet doctor's think there is nothing wrong with me. All the weight I lost about year and half ago and since then I can't gain weight back regardless what I eat. I am tired of being in pain. I take Prevacid, but it doesn't seem to help much. Does anyone know what could it be?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 9, 2007, 05:30 AM
    It could very well be acid reflux, but it would be a very good idea to get a second opinion if you have not already.

Sometimes h.Pilori tends to recur, so maybe find a new doctor who will retest and get to the root of the problem. A gastroenterologist would be your best bet.
    Junior GP Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2007, 05:08 AM
    If the doctor's have done ECG tests on your heart and no problems found, then I very much doubt that there is anything wrong with your heart. Sometimes anxiety can bring on palpitations so relaxing a bit more may be something to consider.

As for your other problems, it is very possible that it could be acid reflux.
    Try over the counter medicines and if they don't work, consider another visit to your GP and insist that this problem is looked into.

Good luck!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lower stomach pain [ 3 Answers ]

Hello guys, I've been getting this realli severe stomach pain in the very lower part of my stomach. It has been happening 3-4 years although only last 20 minutes and when it does I feel like I'm going to die! I get all dizzy and sweaty! I've has it scaned and they said nothing has come up. Does...

Stomach [ 2 Answers ]

Good day! I have a problem with my stomach I believe.Its like every time I drink up or eat something I get this moving weird feeling in my stomach.In that very moment I can not breath properly. It especially occurs when I get excited.. Has anyone got idea what tha might be?

Palpitations and more [ 9 Answers ]

Hi I'm an 19 yr old female. Well I want to start by saying that I have been suffering from palpitations 7-8 yrs I think now.. I'm on pillsand I've been having to increase the dose by double amount and this time round 4 times as much daily. Id like advice... I'm in a steady relationship now and...

Burning and pain in scalp [ 1 Answers ]

Most of the time I feel burning and pain in my scalp. When this is high my hair sheds after that. Please tell me if this is BSS then what should I do. Is it cureable. Thanks prabhjot

Pain in the stomach [ 3 Answers ]

I wonder if anyone can help me. I have this horrible pain under my left rib in the pitt of my stomach. It gets worst when I lay down. I had pelvic and abdominal MRI, two abdominal ultrasounds, CT scan, endoscopy, Barrium enema of the intestines and nothing came up, gallbladder, pancreas and...

View more questions Search