Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Stefancm Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 22, 2011, 09:50 AM
    Caulking a marble backsplash?
    Hi, I'm in the process of attaching a 4" marble backsplash to a marble countertop on a bathroom vanity. My plan was to put a few dabs of silicone caulk on the back of the backsplash for adhesion to the wall. Then lay a small bead where the front bottom of the backsplash hits the countertop. Someone told me that instead of running a bead at the intersection of backsplash and countertop, I should run a bead on the underside of the backsplash, then attach to the countertop. The difference would be the bead being under the backsplash (not visible), versus at the bottom front (possibly somewhat visible). Benefits/drawbacks?

Thanks,
    Stefan
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Nov 22, 2011, 09:56 AM
    Actually I'd do all 3 steps and make the Dabs on the backside 3-4 continueous beads. Striking the bead along the intersection will be important. You want it to totally seal but be very small, almost invisible. I use a caulking tool for that. Dap® Pro Caulk 4 Piece Tool Kit (09125) - Caulk Guns & Caulking Tools - Ace Hardware That was an ACE Hardware link but most all hardware stores and box store carry these

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bathroom vanity marble backsplash installation [ 6 Answers ]

I have a bathroom vanity with a separate L shaped backsplash which needs to be installed. How do you install the marble backsplash to the vanity?

What kind of caulking for a marble backsplash [ 3 Answers ]

Is there a specific kind of caulking I have to use to cover up the little gap between my vanity marble backsplash and the wall?

What kind of adhesive to use for Marble backsplash? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a marble backsplash that came separate from my bathroom vanity. I have to put the marble backsplash in place. Should I just use an adhesive to do this? What kind of adhesive? I have a Polyurethane Premium Construction Adhesive tube at home already. Can I use this? But it doesn't...

View more questions Search