Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    zoey999 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2007, 08:34 PM
    Credit card summons
    How can I challenge a credit card summons?
    I received a summons today for a credit card debt ($2,647) that I owe. The amount reported is mostly over the credit limit fee, late charges and accrued interest. I cannot afford to repay the debt at this time and definitely cannot afford wage garnishment because I was out of work for about 6 months. The credit card company included a copy of the account agreement as proof. What can I do to clear this mess up?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 8, 2007, 08:56 PM
    Well I am not sure there is a way to "clear it up" other than go and argue that the fees were illegal or not allowed by your contract.

If they are valid debts, it is likely the court will allow them, and grant a judgement.

The time to clear it up was before they started added all the fees and work out a payment arrangement.

But you show up and try your best.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Civil summons concerning credit card debt [ 3 Answers ]

I just received a civil summons from a credit card, guess they are suing me.I had been working with a company for over a year to help me out with this... so what are my options... I need help quick, sounds like they are getting ready to eat me alive, or that is the way it seems... :eek:

Credit card debt summons [ 2 Answers ]

I have credit card debt from four different cards. One is our local credit union (washington state) and I believe they are trying to send me a summons. I was contacted by an ex-partner who said they contacted him with "papers". He said he did not know how to contact me. If they cannot find me...

Summons for Credit Card Debt [ 6 Answers ]

I received a summons to appear in pre-trail court due to $5,000 of credit card debt. I own this debt. I have a large sum of credit card debt and am considering bankruptcy. How can I avoid a trail and possible judgment? I thought about offering the company $1,000 to settle debt.

Credit card [ 2 Answers ]

Why would a credit card company offer to take a settlement of $4,700 on a debt of $29,000?

Summons received for old credit card debt [ 6 Answers ]

My mother who is 75 years old just received a summons from a constable to appear in court for a credit card with National City that she had between 1998 and 2000. She said she never received any bills from them concerning this. The amount due is $2500. The summons also states that she was...

View more questions Search