Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Apr 12, 2013, 08:04 AM
    If you filed using the ITIN on the federal return, do the same for the state.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wife OPT+H1b(wrongly FICA taxes withheald).Husband H1b [ 2 Answers ]

My wife was on Opt from Feb-2008 to sept 2008 and since oct-08 she is on h1b... while I am on h1b since 2 yrs... by mistake my wife's employer has deducted social security and medicare taxes(she being international student is not liable to pay this taxes).. in order to claim I have found out we...

Husband on F1 Wife on OPT-H1B married filing jointly [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, My husband is on F1 since 2007 August, I came to US in Aug 2005 on F1 and worked on OPT from Jan 2008 to Oct 2008 and then currently working on H1B from Oct 1st 2008.I earn 60k per year. We got married in December 2008.I wish to file my 2008 taxes for April 09. But I have the following...

Wife on OPT+H1b and Husband on h1b.what form to file! [ 1 Answers ]

Hi All I am on h1b since 2 yrs while my wife.. she was on opt till sept 30-2008.. and on h1b since oct-08 We need to file joint return as we need to claim her student loan interest deduction.. Also she has 2 W2 one from her college job while other from her present employer. Can somebody...

I am on OPT (F-1) and my wife is on F-2. File taxes jointly using ITIN [ 7 Answers ]

Hi I am currently on OPT on F-1 and my wife is on F-2 visa. Can I file the taxes jointly by applying for a ITIN (using the W-7 form)? If yes, can I submit the 1040A form + W-2s with the W-7? Thanks :) Siddharth

I live in Texas (H1B) and wife in NY (F1 Student) - File taxes jointly? [ 2 Answers ]

I apologize if this question has been asked and answered before - but I was unable to find it in the forums. I am a foreign citizen on an H1B living in Texas. Since I have been here in the US long enough, I am a resident for tax purposes, and have filed as such for the past few years. My wife...

View more questions Search