Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    joemellie Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2011, 07:19 PM
    Can my ex's new husband spank my daughter if I am against it?
    Pretty much says it all up there. Is he allowed to spank my 6 year old daughter even when I said I won't allow it?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 20, 2011, 07:22 PM
    I just got it figured out. I'm going to add a possessive to your title.

***ADDED*** I agree with what Scott said.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 20, 2011, 07:23 PM
    Since, right now, you aren't even the child's legal father, then you have no say.

If the mother allows the boyfriend to discipline the child and it isn't abusive, then its allowed. Some areas might have guidelines on the use of corporal punishment.
    joemellie Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2011, 07:31 PM
    You're right Scott I'm working on it. And Wondergirl I am the biological father. He is the step-father so yes she will be married to him.

Nov 20, 2011, 07:34 PM
    He isn't yet the step father. Not until the wedding is over.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 20, 2011, 07:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by joemellie View Post
    Wondergirl i am the biological father. he is the step-father so yes she will be married to him.
    I had done a knee-jerk answer without looking at your name -- and then I saw who you are, an old friend. Sorry for my misunderstanding. No more coffee at my computer table...
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Nov 21, 2011, 09:38 AM
    I'm confused, there's obviously missing posts, what was the answer to this question?

What does the mom say about the spanking? There's a fine line between punishment and abuse.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 21, 2011, 10:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurora_Bell View Post
    I'm confused, there's obviously missing posts, what was the answer to this question?
    I had not looked at his name at first and had thought he was the mother, not the father. I tweaked the title to make it more clear. Nothing has been removed except my mistaken post.

Nov 21, 2011, 10:46 AM
    Bella, you need to look at his other posts to understand.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 21, 2011, 10:52 AM
    Hello father:

In THEIR house, he's allowed to use corporal punishment. He's NOT allowed to abuse your daughter... Abuse would be if he leaves marks. If he does, he's committed a crime. Watch your daughter very closely.

If you want to PREVENT him from punishing your daughter, you might write him a certified letter telling him that if there's ever one red mark on your daughter, he's going to be facing criminal
    Charges.. Maybe THAT'LL stop him.

excon
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Nov 21, 2011, 11:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    Bella, you need to look at his other posts to understand.
    Thank you WG and Scott.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can my ex's wife adopt my daughter w/out my knowledge? [ 13 Answers ]

My ex and his wife have moved to another state with my 18 year old special needs daughter. I haven't seen her nor spoke with her in several months (her father and spouse refuse to allow me contact). Can his wife legally adopt her w/out my knowledge?

I am about to let my ex's husband adopt our son. Will I still have to pay child sup? [ 5 Answers ]

I have never really been in my son's life but have paid child support ever since I found out about him. She is now married and her husband has contacted me about adopting. I have no problem with that but they want me to pay for it and to use their lawyer. That isn't going to happen. Does anyone...

Where can I get information on who has custody of ex's daughter? [ 1 Answers ]

My ex and I are most likely going to court for custody. I want sole custody and he wants joint legal. He is not fit. Anyway, his parents have custody over his 12 yr old. I am trying to find out if they have sole custody. Does anyone know how I can find their case? I looked on the court access...

To spank or not [ 45 Answers ]

I am having a great deal of problems trying to figure out how exactly we should dicipline our children. My husband believes in spanking yet rarely has to because the kids really listen to him. I think a good swat on the bum might be okay but I would like some other opinions. Thanks.:rolleyes:

View more questions Search