Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JEN73104 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2004, 06:43 PM
    Mobile Home Park Eviction
    My Husband And I Have Been Renting A Lot In A Mobile Home Parkin Va For 3 Years Now. We Just Received A "so Called" Eviction Notice The Other Day. It Was On Plain Paper Typed On A Computer. It Only Stated That We Had To Leave The Premises Within 30 Days, It Did Not State Why, Nor Was It A Notice To Quit With Time To Cure The Problem. Is This Legal?
    wearelistening Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2004, 10:17 AM
    Eviction
    Hi,
    First off, I want to say that laws differ from state to state. Since I'm not an attorney, I cannot say what is definitely 'legal'... but I will give you something to think about.
    My parents owned a mobile home park. They had a month to month lease. If they wanted anyone to move, they gave them a 30 day notice, as was agreed upon when the tenant moved in. Vice versa for the tenant.

Also, think about why they'd ask you to leave. Is your rent paid? On time? Are you a nuisance, bothering the neighbors or landlord? I don't know your situation, and I certainally don't want to offend, but it might be in your best interest to talk to your landlord about the notice.

You might be able to work things out if you knewwhat the landlord's issues were.

Talk is always good. Be calm, be considerate, be NICE. You get more bees with honey than vinegar.
    Even if you have to bite your tongue, you'll win in the long run... and isn't that what you wanted in the first place?

wearelistening on MSN Groups!
    Good luck!
    Amy
    JEN73104 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2004, 03:34 AM
    My Situation Is A Lil Bit Different. We Are Not Behind In Rent, And We Haven't Been A Nuisance. My Situation Is Like This. My Husband Drives A Rollback For A Living. He Has Been Parking The Truck In Our Driveway For Over A Year. Just About 2 Months Ago The Landlord Decides To Change The Rules So That He Ahs To Park A 60,000.00 Truck On A Side Of The Street(a Main Road Outside Of The Park). A Couple Of Weeks Ago He Had To Park It In The Driveway Because Another Big Truck Was Parked In His Place. She Came Over And Started Taking Pictures. A Few Days Later We Had An Eviction Notice.
    wearelistening Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2004, 08:28 AM
    Hello,
    Sticky situation.
    It sucks that it seems as though landlords can make all the rules and tenants have no rights because you have to do what they say, or you lose your home. Landlords seem to forget that.
    Not that I'm taking sides, but I've been in situations where human kindness & understanding would have gotten a lot a further than using the power landlords brandish around like a midevil sword.
    I'm thinking this is her way of threatening you. Maybe she doesn't have the gall to tell you or remind you about where to park the truck and she's using this as a scare tactic.
    Talk to her. I don't believe without a magistrate or legal entity involved, she can do this, but I'm not entirely sure. Explain to her that you've been following the rules she set, and also why your hubby parked the truck in the driveway when someone was in his space.
    I would think that since she didn't go to your courthouse and file, that she'd be willing to give you an opportunity to make amends, or at least offer an explanation and try to work something out that's satisfactory to you both.
    Good luck. I really don't think you have to worry about eviction, if you play your cards right and talk to her about the situation.
    Xo
    Amy
    MSN Groups: wearelistening
    Penny G Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 31, 2012, 04:25 PM
    My daughter is a single mother who just had a new baby 8 weeks ago, she was behind on her rent and paid better than half of it and agreed with the landlord to pay the rest in the following weeks to include late fees.

She leases the lot, owns the trailer and does have a lease. My question is since the landlord accepted the partial payment can she still evict?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Park owner demands fee foe selling mobile home? [ 4 Answers ]

Hello all. First post/question here. Please advise if possible. My wife & I own a mobile home in a mobile home park here in California. We just received our new lease paperwork, and in it, there is a new stipulation. The park owner is demanding a 5% "fee" or "commission" from any park resident...

Kentucky Mobile Home Park Law [ 4 Answers ]

What Are The Laws Regarding Eviction Of A Tenant In A Mobile Home Park Where They Own The Trailer. I Have Already Given 30 Written Notice And They Won't Move... And Won't Pay Rent What Do I Do

Mobile Home Finacing [ 5 Answers ]

I am selling my mobile home and giving a loan to the new buyer. If he doesn’t make his payments, I want to know what document I need to start the Repossession process in California. I assume I give him a formal warning. Is that after 30 days? I find the information on the internet is for the...

Mobile Home Tub [ 3 Answers ]

I'm reinstalling a garden tub in an early 80's mobile home. It has an above floor drain, and I'm a little confused as to how to hook it up. It is against a wall with no access to the drain from the rear or underneath. Any help would be appreciated. This is my first experience with plumbing a...

PVC PLumbing in mobile home [ 7 Answers ]

I have PVC water supply lines that screw right onto the faucets. I have to turn the house water supply off to change a washer is there a way to add a shut of valve? Can I simply cut the line and use a hose clamp to attach a shut off valve and then use braided metal hose to go up to faucet?

View more questions Search