Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SEXY45angel Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2011, 06:39 AM
    Making a speech at a parents engagement party?
    Hi my father who is 70 has just become engaged to a really lovely lady and they are planning a party in the near future.I am 40 myself and lost my mum very sadly in 1995. I would dearly love to make a speech at the party as I am over the moon to see my dad so happy. Due to personal circumstances our relationship has not been great since my mum passed and this has caused a lot of ill feeling,especially as I am an only child, however bridges are slowly being built, I feel making a speech would be a way of giving my blessing does anybody have any suggestions as to what would be the right and appropriate thing to say.
    HotHoneyVintage Posts: 231, Reputation: 6

Nov 20, 2011, 11:20 PM
    He's going to have a wedding and go through that whole thing again at 70s? Wow OK well one thing you can say is how much you like this lady and why you think she is good for your dad. You should write down what you thinks and not wing it because that will be a disaster.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Nov 21, 2011, 07:45 AM
    When I married a widower his son gave the speech, said he and his siblings were so pleased to see his father happy and welcomed me to the family. It was short and sweet and very touching.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Engagement Party Speech [ 1 Answers ]

My mom is throwing my fiancé and I an engagement party this weekend. We'd like to thank everyone for coming and being a part of the wedding, etc. etc. Does anyone have any good ideas for a toast to our guests? Also... we have been secretly house hunting and found a new house. Our families know but...

Engagement Party Speech [ 1 Answers ]

My partner and I are having our engagement party at the end of this month and I just wanted to see if we needed to talk about each other in the speeches or more or less just thank everyone.

Engagement Party Speech [ 2 Answers ]

Good Afternoon, I am the father of the bride and I need help with my engagement speech, I have about a month too think about my speech. I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas or previous speeches that they have used. Thank you for your help gyoder_1 :)

View more questions Search